Will Ford up the ante after the Rebel’s TRX launch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Concept was 575.

Release will be 707.

37s and 3.0” Fox suspension doesn’t sound like street oriented.

So Dodge,needs to update their website?

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

There are plenty of people with raptors who don't need a truck and just want the most expensive truck out there to say they have one, excluding super duty's since these are going to be too much for them to handle compared to the Range Rovers and Cayenne "trucks" they are trading in

intuitive post of the week :crazy:

Like anyone on the forum really needs a Raptor?
Everyone has the need to do a little Baja run in the course of their daily activities.

It’s just the BEST looking truck.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I enjoy the fact that I own the most capable factory truck available, I really wouldn't mind seeing Ram do these trucks right... to include the suspension. If that means that the Raptor loses the crown, so be it... it'll give Ford some motivation to let 'em swing when it comes time to spec/build the next gen Raptor.

Don't get me wrong, I think that they did a great job with the Gen 2 design, but with the electronic controls, I think that there are a LOT more possibilities. For instance, I recall reading some feedback on here that was gathered from the instructors at Raptor Assault that the rear suspension is already near its limit with the factory power level... so maybe the next gen Raptor has adjustable power levels associated with the drive modes. Normal maybe runs one power level, Sport bumps it up some, and the offroad modes perhaps take it down a bit to preserve the driveline/suspension. Or, hell, maybe go to a Raptor-only long-arm/coil spring rear suspension (I can dream, right??)...

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dodge is also pretty hard on dealers who add on charges or ADM sell the Hellcats.
now.

They may talk a good story but that's not the case. I have a friend that was running a dodge store in FL. They took $10k non refundable deposits on their Demons and sold them at $30k over sticker. I think they got 4 cars if i remember correctly. When the car details with pricing were released they went down their interested customer list. Even with those stipulations for deposit and ADM they only made 5 calls down the list to sell all 4 cars. One customer did back out before his car came in and he did forfeit the $10k. Dodge didn't do anything to their dealership regarding those sales.

One thread topic... I think it's great to have a competition out there. Especially the HP wars that are going on. I can only imagine what it may do in the truck market.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the cat is out of the bag.

Ram is releasing a TRX hellcat powered Raptor competitor in 2020 for 2021. They are also releasing a naturally aspirated 7 liter V8 per the rumor.

Will Ford answer the call and compete or will they let Dodge rain on their parade?

I’ll be honest.... a 6.2L supercharged Hellcat Pickup truck with lux interior is enough to make me bail on my Raptor.

Heck... I’m not sure I want to put more money in mine now. :)

Yes. Ford will up the ante.

They will be selling the 3rd generation Raptor the same time Dodge releases their 1st Gen.

Jackkk

Reaction score
So Dodge,needs to update their website?

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Like anyone on the forum really needs a Raptor?
Everyone has the need to do a little Baja run in the course of their daily activities.

It’s just the BEST looking truck.

This!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be honest.... a 6.2L supercharged Hellcat Pickup truck with lux interior is enough to make me bail on my Raptor.

Heck... I’m not sure I want to put more money in mine now. :)

Let us know when you put it up for sale :baby:

atomictyler

Reaction score
They may talk a good story but that's not the case. I have a friend that was running a dodge store in FL. They took $10k non refundable deposits on their Demons and sold them at $30k over sticker. I think they got 4 cars if i remember correctly. When the car details with pricing were released they went down their interested customer list. Even with those stipulations for deposit and ADM they only made 5 calls down the list to sell all 4 cars. One customer did back out before his car came in and he did forfeit the $10k. Dodge didn't do anything to their dealership regarding those sales.

One thread topic... I think it's great to have a competition out there. Especially the HP wars that are going on. I can only imagine what it may do in the truck market.

Forfeit a deposit? That's not how that works. If you don't get the car/truck you get your deposit back.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, Ford must be shaking in their boots because Dodge is years away from releasing a truck that competes with the G1. By the time this Ram finally shows up at dealers, the G3 will be just around the corner. Good job FCA, if something is irrelevant, put a blower on it and increase the price by $30k.

You seem pretty threatened by RAM trucks. Every single post that mentions them, you find a way to somehow talk shit. First you said it would never happen because FCA can't afford to make a TRX. That prediction appears to have been incorrect, and now you're predicting it'll only be competitive with a G1 Raptor.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You seem pretty threatened by RAM trucks. Every single post that mentions them, you find a way to somehow talk shit. First you said it would never happen because FCA can't afford to make a TRX. That prediction appears to have been incorrect, and now you're predicting it'll only be competitive with a G1 Raptor.

I never said they couldn't make a TRX. They proved themselves far more than capable of adding a blower to every grossly outdated vehicle in their lineup. What they haven't done is make anything that appeals to driving enthusiasts outside of the narrow band of street racers. Anyone taking a Hellcat to Laguna Seca better say a few Hail Marrys first.

FCA makes some of the ********* and least reliable vehicles out there and the TRX will be no different. But if you want to impress the baristas at Starbucks by doing burnouts in the parking lot, the TRX is definitely the truck for you.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Forfeit a deposit? That's not how that works. If you don't get the car/truck you get your deposit back.

When a deposit is "non-refundable", what do you think that means? If you back out, they keep your money.