All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people spend money making an FX4 packed F150 look like a Raptor. I could easily tell Gen 1s without graphics are Raptors that got harder to do with Gen 2s and the similarities to the regular F150. The Gen 1s were SVTs and the Gen 2s are Ford Performance
Exactly. Which is why Gen 1 = Best Gen ;)

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a bit late to the party for the reveal... but this truck is looks horrid... Titan Pro 4X clone?!?.... I will keep my Gen 2 for sure! Great upgrades other than the look of the truck... Hopefully the Raptor R will have a different body/ flare kit!

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never got this argument. The only thing that really stands out about the Gen 1 versus the same MY is the front grille and hips.

The Gen 2 - and Gen 3 - have the grille, the hips, AND a much more prominent tailgate.

I can see any gen coming from a mile away - and at a half mile, can almost always spot the fakes.
It's the flared fenders versus flat fenders.

All full size trucks (minus the Gen 1 Raptor) have fenders and bedsides that are essentially flat. Not truly flat obviously, but compare any truck side by side to a Gen 1 Raptor in person and it's obvious- both in the vertical plane and in the horizontal plane. Look at the curve of the fenders and bedsides in both planes. Gen II is decently curvy at the front fenders, but not the bed- not at all.

The Gen 1 Raptor has body panels unlike any other OEM truck in the world.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
It's the flared fenders versus flat fenders.

All full size trucks (minus the Gen 1 Raptor) have fenders and bedsides that are essentially flat. Not truly flat obviously, but compare any truck side by side to a Gen 1 Raptor in person and it's obvious- both in the vertical plane and in the horizontal plane. Look at the curve of the fendersand bedsides in both planes. Gen II is decently curvy at the front fenders, but not the bed- not at all.

The Gen 1 Raptor has body panels unlike any other OEM truck in the world.

I'm trying to see what you're seeing. Pics for comparison:

Used-2012-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor.jpg
small.jpeg
628271 (1).jpg

I guess the Gen 1 is a bit more protruding, and more rounded, than the Gen 2. Gen 3 looks about the same as Gen 2.

TRX for comparison. Nice big butt, but more of a "plateau" look than the Gen 1's protruding arc.

rm021-388fn-1597671951.jpg