All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm trying to see what you're seeing. Pics for comparison:

View attachment 313177
View attachment 313178
View attachment 313179

I guess the Gen 1 is a bit more protruding, and more rounded, than the Gen 2. Gen 3 looks about the same as Gen 2.

TRX for comparison. Nice big butt, but more of a "plateau" look than the Gen 1's protruding arc.

View attachment 313181
I think I'd agree with @EricM that the GEN1 does have a lot more curves compared to 2 & 3. Maybe because the GEN1's F150 counter part looked so skinny...

And the TRX at certain angles it does have a lot of curves as well but at other angles it looks a lot like a Rebel. It's a lot more noticeable in person though.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I think I'd agree with @EricM that the GEN1 does have a lot more curves compared to 2 & 3. Maybe because the GEN1's F150 counter part looked so skinny...

And the TRX at certain angles it does have a lot of curves as well but at other angles it looks a lot like a Rebel. It's a lot more noticeable in person though.

Agree on TRX/Rebel comment. In fact, at a glance, the ONLY thing that really sets them apart is the flares.

RAM did not alter the front fascia or tailgate enough in my opinion to properly distinguish between them. There are subtle differences, but really only once you know what to look for.

My wife comes home every freakin' day and tells me how she saw another TRX in town, and I'm like, no, honey, you didn't, let me explain this again..

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree on TRX/Rebel comment. In fact, at a glance, the ONLY thing that really sets them apart is the flares.

RAM did not alter the front fascia or tailgate enough in my opinion to properly distinguish between them. There are subtle differences, but really only once you know what to look for.

My wife comes home every freakin' day and tells me how she saw another TRX in town, and I'm like, no, honey, you didn't, let me explain this again..
I don't know enough about TRX either lol I always double take and think every new Ram is a TRX.. they're not..
On the flip-side Ford is basically using the same headlights now for all the higher end F150s so the Raptor isn't AS distinguishable. And I say a big AS, because the Gen 2 vs. F150 was "spotted a mile away" kind of look

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the flip-side Ford is basically using the same headlights now for all the higher end F150s so the Raptor isn't AS distinguishable. And I say a big AS, because the Gen 2 vs. F150 was "spotted a mile away" kind of look

In previous models, the F150 had silver/mirror backing with white LEDS and some amber. Raptor was black with amber. This year, it looks like some of the F150s have black backing, but no amber LEDs. Really not a lot of change in this regard.

IMO, the headlights have never been all that disguising on the front end, considering the grille, marker lights, hood, and bumper.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can clearly see the difference in those pictures. The black Gen 1 looks like someone inflated it's fenders like a balloon.

The blue Gen II picture really shows the relative flatness of both the fender and bedside. Red Gen II beside reflection is so uniform.

In person, it's even way more obvious when you move around the truck and see the way the light reflects off the curves of the Gen 1 fenders.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know enough about TRX either lol I always double take and think every new Ram is a TRX.. they're not..
There's a couple TRXs around here. Whenever I see a Ram coming at me I always look for the hood scoop to identify if it is a TRX or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter