All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a Gen 1....to me, it looks substantially different than an F150 from the same model year. Way more aggressive...

The Gen 2 was a lot more understated..a lot harder to tell a Gen 2 from a regular F150...

I need the Gen 3 to really stand out.

I need the Gen 3 to look far different than a regular F150.

Ford owes it to Raptor owners to make it a lot more difficult for regular truck owners to copy our “look”....

Last edited:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own a Gen 1....to me, it looks substantially different than an F150 from the same model year. Way more aggressive...

The Gen 2 was a lot more understated..a lot harder to tell a Gen 2 from a regular F150...

Ford owes it to Raptor owners to make it a lot more difficult for regular truck owners to copy our “look”....

I never got this argument. The only thing that really stands out about the Gen 1 versus the same MY is the front grille and hips.

The Gen 2 - and Gen 3 - have the grille, the hips, AND a much more prominent tailgate.

I can see any gen coming from a mile away - and at a half mile, can almost always spot the fakes.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fakes are pretty obvious! It always looked like the Gen 2 had skinnier hips to me...

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You own a Ford truck. Not a super/hyper car. I hate this level of elitism when it comes to pedestrian trucks that you drive around on the street 90% of the time. A loaded lariat, platinum or limited comes close in cost and is sometimes more than the Raptor. Its a cool OEM mid travel truck with a warranty, and it is in a segment of its own due to that.

Do you see guys in SoCal with back halfed Rangers/Tundras/1500s/F150s with a suspension setup that cost more than your truck bitching about Raptors "copying their look"? Go enjoy your truck, quit thinking you're better than someone because you got to finance a mid-travel sport truck.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You own a Ford truck. Not a super/hyper car. I hate this level of elitism when it comes to pedestrian trucks that you drive around on the street 90% of the time. A loaded lariat, platinum or limited comes close in cost and is sometimes more than the Raptor. Its a cool OEM mid travel truck with a warranty, and it is in a segment of its own due to that.

Do you see guys in SoCal with back halfed Rangers/Tundras/1500s/F150s with a suspension setup that cost more than your truck bitching about Raptors "copying their look"? Go enjoy your truck, quit thinking you're better than someone because you got to finance a mid-travel sport truck.

Dude, I was just talking about how things look to me I’m not any elitist. I’m a construction guy and I work hard for what I have. Maybe my Dogecoin will pay off someday and then I can pay cash for everything like you obviously do.

Last edited:

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I was just talking about how things look to me I’m not any elitist. I’m a construction guy and I work hard for what I have. Maybe my Dogecoin will pay off someday and then I can pay cash for everything like you obviously do.

I apologize for coming off as rash as I did, a few beers into a Friday night forum browsing session and its easy to fire off the cuff. Its not you directly, but I've seen a ton of holier than thou posts and it irks me. I think everyone could use a little less time on the old Facebook group, myself included.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ordered an 800a and removed all exterior reference to Raptor to blend in with the reg. F150s.

Still hard with a SCAB, I get remarks at the gas station that mine is a "good" clone. LOL

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plainjane I know what you saying. I was at the dream cruise here in Michigan and a guy kept looking at my truck. I had my window down, and he said that's not a Raptor is it. I said yes it is. He had no clue you could buy a supercab.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plainjane I know what you saying. I was at the dream cruise here in Michigan and a guy kept looking at my truck. I had my window down, and he said that's not a Raptor is it. I said yes it is. He had no clue you could buy a supercab.

A lot of people spend money making an FX4 packed F150 look like a Raptor. I could easily tell Gen 1s without graphics are Raptors that got harder to do with Gen 2s and the similarities to the regular F150. The Gen 1s were SVTs and the Gen 2s are Ford Performance