All-New Ford F-150 Raptor Will Debut Feb. 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never notice any Rams unless they are the all black trim models with the normal crosshair grille- I kinda like those.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking into the hood scoop for the marker lights sort of feels like trying to determine a dog's gender.
HaHa..... I used to look for the lights but the TRX is the only Ram with a hood scoop.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get faked out by Rebels all the time, thinking oh there’s a TRX to check out. But the hood scoop and the width of the TRX when closer up is of course the dead give aways.

I’m still on the fence about the TRX hood scoop. Ok the hood overall is the most appealing look of the truck, but a hood scoop on a dirt truck? Seems on road to me but hey. The triple marker lights on the scoop could use more spread really. I had a Ram road truck some years ago and thought about the hood scoop. I thought it looked great. Looks good on the Chargers and Challengers too. I know the ghost of Chrysler products always liked to air grab lol

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get faked out by Rebels all the time, thinking oh there’s a TRX to check out. But the hood scoop and the width of the TRX when closer up is of course the dead give aways.

I’m still on the fence about the TRX hood scoop. Ok the hood overall is the most appealing look of the truck, but a hood scoop on a dirt truck? Seems on road to me but hey. The triple marker lights on the scoop could use more spread really. I had a Ram road truck some years ago and thought about the hood scoop. I thought it looked great. Looks good on the Chargers and Challengers too. I know the ghost of Chrysler products always liked to air grab lol
Easy to tell it’s not a TRX.... they all in the service dept parking lot getting fixed

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score

I imagine the R will also have a functional hood scoop for increased airflow.

It sounds to me like some/many of the commenters on FRF have not seen a TRX in person, or have only seen it briefly in passing. It is a difficult truck to appreciate in photos.

I actually enjoy the semi-anonymity of the TRX-disguised-as-Rebel. Also why I bought the most stealthy, boring color (dark gray).

For the same reason, I am a fan of the Gen 3's more muted styling. As someone said above, a Gen 2 can be spotted a mile away.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HaHa..... I used to look for the lights but the TRX is the only Ram with a hood scoop.

There are two many modded trucks around here for that to be enough confirmation. For now anyway, no other truck marker lights up in the hood scoop. The wider hips is also a sign, but angles can play tricks on you.

I appreciate Ram wanted to try and be more unique with their marker lights, however, isn't the point of marker lights is to be as visible as possible?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are two many modded trucks around here for that to be enough confirmation. For now anyway, no other truck marker lights up in the hood scoop. The wider hips is also a sign, but angles can play tricks on you.

I appreciate Ram wanted to try and be more unique with their marker lights, however, isn't the point of marker lights is to be as visible as possible?
There’s pro and cons to the Gen 3’s looks. But Ford using those jumbo led markers on the grill, will make everything else seem somewhat small and dull.

I already have an enhanced marker light setup up front with the BD S8. It kind of looks like 6 lol

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score

They also do not run full-time, so will not be lit during the day as a TRX identifier unless the driver manually turns running lights on (Gen 1 was like this also, not sure about G2).