Will the 2021 Ford Raptor have a v8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was at my dealer discussing ordering /allocation for a 21' GT500 yesterday. Then he randomly asks me why I don't just wait and get the Raptor with SC 5.2 next year? I reply with... thats just a rumor. He said "No, its coming but will be an option with a very limited production."

Also added they recieved ford's 2021 color codes and several were designated as available for 21' Raptor. Including a very nice orange option.

Maybe he was blowing smoke or just BS'ing me. But he acted pretty confident. So take that for what it is.

I'd lean to BS. Why would Ford fragment the Raptor lineup when even Ram isn't. Remember the oh they will have to engine variants, and in the end it was only the Hellcat motor. The color thing I imagine may be true, as I have been wanting more and more bright colors. Lambo and McClaren colors etc.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also lean BS. Why would Ford share privileged insider information to some random dealer so that he can leak that information to every customer walking by.

I heard from my sister's niece's friends dog who sometimes pees on the fence at Dearborn say that the new Raptor will have this :bs::

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto_engine?wprov=sfla1

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with all the above statements and felt it was BS too. However I kept thinking... why would a dealer try to talk me out of ordering a GT500 from them unless they were confident about the claim?..... unless its false/misguided confidence.

Either way I'm not holding my breath. If it is true and the 5.2 is truly coming in a "limited" release only. I'd hate to see the ADM mark up after seeing what many dealers are doing with the GT500.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GT500 is a joke (Just like the fact that we have this thread going every year) because of the the current price and layout the Corvette kills it for half. Hell they make the exotic market look almost a bargain with the ADM. $150,000 for a mustang? FU. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...mid=&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&item=114453052975
Ha at that price I’d take an RS6 any day of the week....call it my family wagon lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True who wants some stupid 6 figure high powered truck? For a lot less hell yeah. In several years gov’t taxes and restrictions will kill them altogether. Besides the battery trucks will be running stupid circles around them. All we will be able to Bragg about is finding fuel in BFE, where plugs still aren’t found lol

I can see a limited run of V8 Raptors now. But Ford will produce most likely a PB model in volume as well.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree people will always find a fault but I don't know that the gas mileage can get much worse. I average about 13.5mpg with the TTV6.

You sir may see single digits with a supercharged 5.2 if you're averaging 13.5 in the current gen.

I'd be surprised if the TRX averages more than 10 in real world driving.

Last edited: