GEN 2 Why you WANT people to pay over MSRP...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
I was a little surprised frankly - 90 days in that I'm that far down still. They are a fairly good size dealer that moves a lot of Fords too.

90 days in to what? The Raptors have only been on dealer lot's for the last week or so..... Gotta remember all early builds are needing a retrofit also so the bigger dealers that would normally have gotten theirs first are possibly going to be among the last to receive them.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh its you and the Maverick again? Thanks for your bright idea, you live in America wake up. People here HAPPEN to have $$$$ and you do not control how they spend it.
If you lived in a former Soviet Union where I happed to grow up and served in the Former Soviet Army it would be a different story. Even now the new Russian Elite spends money however they want to spend it. Try telling them.

You come across as guy that you hear on the news about. "He lived a modest house, ate a local McDonalds, got his haircut for $3.50 at a local barber, drove the same car for the last 35 years (maverick?). His net worth was $25million. " I would have added "He could have had a Raptor...

You're gonna bring 100% irrelevant facts about my life into this thread? Really?

how I choose to live my life has NOTHING to do with this thread or the fact people are paying over MSRP.

Facts are, people paying over MSRP drives the price up. Simple fact. Dealers realize they can get away with it, and they do it. This then drives the price of other vehicles up as well. How is that a good thing? do you have unlimited money where costs don't matter? If so why dont you have ten Lamborghini's and 5 Bugatti's?

Now I would appreciate if you would stop trying to personally attack me, and taking threads off topic as I'm sure everyone else would as well.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're gonna bring 100% irrelevant facts about my life into this thread? Really?

how I choose to live my life has NOTHING to do with this thread or the fact people are paying over MSRP.

Facts are, people paying over MSRP drives the price up. Simple fact. Dealers realize they can get away with it, and they do it. This then drives the price of other vehicles up as well. How is that a good thing? do you have unlimited money where costs don't matter? If so why dont you have ten Lamborghini's and 5 Bugatti's?

Now I would appreciate if you would stop trying to personally attack me, and taking threads off topic as I'm sure everyone else would as well.

That's the point. You are not buying a new raptor anytime soon. So why DO YOU EVEN CARE WHAT DRIVES THE MARKET UP, ITS NOT YOUR MONEY ANYWAY.
News flash you can not do anything about it, ever. The beauty of capitalism and free market. GOD BLESS America. People who have money really are not concerned with other consumers buying the same product.

AND YOU ARE NOT BUYING ANYTHING, NOTHING.
SO WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED WITH ALL THAT.

God its so redundant....

I am done with arguing with you, and become a better man and just hang my gloves and walk away.

Respond all you want. cyberspace is free you do not have to pay for it, stay calm.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clearly you don't understand how markets work if you think raptor prices being driven up will only affect raptors. But hey, have fun being an ignorant ass.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clearly you don't understand how markets work if you think raptor prices being driven up will only affect raptors. But hey, have fun being an ignorant ass.

Why would you scrape some change and become a SUPPORTING MEMBER for a change. Or wait, it involves paying for something...bye FELICIA

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
qmpqrr748h.jpg

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90 days in to what? The Raptors have only been on dealer lot's for the last week or so..... Gotta remember all early builds are needing a retrofit also so the bigger dealers that would normally have gotten theirs first are possibly going to be among the last to receive them.

I would have thought I would have moved up a bit on the list. My dealer does not require a deposit. So, there are likely dreamers in that list - one has dropped out so far. I think people far up on the list have placed orders and are waiting, the rest of us have a place in line to place an order. I'm good with a Fall '17 delivery but... I want to make sure I get one next year. All of the glowing reviews aren't going to help supply!

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should put me on your ignore list. I'll be putting you on mine after I post this.

And don't tell me to scrape up some change for a supporting membership. Clearly you have no idea who I am. I've paid more than my fair share to this forum.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
conflict im not going to waste 3 more minutes telling you what a child you are... and why you are the same as the idiots that lost thier house when interest rates moved up one notch or the market changed. If you need to have the first raptor on your block , you go sparky. I could care less. You shine on ! Those dealers ******** ppl need you.