GEN 2 Why you WANT people to pay over MSRP...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a member of a couple other car forums that relates to this topic. What to pay and who to blame. This topic always comes up. Dealers are only asking the price because the last person that bought it paid that price. Why would they ask less? When supply outweighs demand the price will drop. I don't fault the dealers for trying to maximize their profit, if they can. I also don't fault the guy that wants it now and will pay for it.

I will say I want it now. And honestly if a truck came up with the exact order I placed last week for $1000 under MSRP I might consider paying more to have it now. I'll admit I've bought cars for too much in the past and the price paid is long forgotten as the miles tick up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am a member of a couple other car forums that relates to this topic. What to pay and who to blame. This topic always comes up. Dealers are only asking the price because the last person that bought it paid that price. Why would they ask less? When supply outweighs demand the price will drop. I don't fault the dealers for trying to maximize their profit, if they can. I also don't fault the guy that wants it now and will pay for it.

I will say I want it now. And honestly if a truck came up with the exact order I placed last week for $1000 under MSRP I might consider paying more to have it now. I'll admit I've bought cars for too much in the past and the price paid is long forgotten as the miles tick up.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.... im a contractor and when things are crazy busy i hire more people. i dont double or triple my profit margin. When there is a disaster and people need my workers we work longer hours and hire more people , again we dont triple our profit markups. If i did id be called a gouger and a thief , just like these dealers are who are trying to get 20 over.

Last edited:

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.... im a contractor and when things are crazy busy i hire more people. i dont double or triple my profit margin. When thier is a disaster and people need my workers we work longer hours and hite more people , again we dont triple our profit markups. If i did id be called a gouger and a thief , just like these dealers are who are trying to get 20 over.

There's something to be said about this. I have a friend who is a business owner himself and he once said to me, "If you are too busy and not able to meet demand, you are most likely not charging enough". I'm in the service business and in 15 years of business I have only raised my hourly labor rates once. We had our best year ever two years in a row and not able to meet demand. This was even after hiring additional employees. I wonder if it's time for a 2nd labor rate hike in 15 years. That being said, if Ford is making a product that is in such high demand and there are people willing to pay the increased amount for it then why not? Prices fluctuate up and down, it happens. Don't see a reason to call the dealer or the buyer an idiot. It's just a reflection of the current economic status.

OP
OP
C

conflict

Reaction score
It's "whatever the market will bear", and right now it appears it will bear up to 20k over MSRP in some markets.

As a business owner myself, I have no problem with other businesses charging market value to make more money. People have the choice to not buy it and go elsewhere willing to sell at a cheaper price. Seems there are a few users here genuinely upset at other users for buying over MSRP calling them idiots and stupid. Who cares!

I whole heartedly agree. This thread was Bourne out of getting tired of watching the old guard trash anyone who pays MSRP or over. It's none of their business what value someone places on purchase.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I whole heartedly agree. This thread was Bourne out of getting tired of watching the old guard trash anyone who pays MSRP or over. It's none of their business what value someone places on purchase.

And now you are the leader of the new guard? Spokesperson for the Gen2 generation? God help them.

Hell @17Jake, even with his shenanigans, is a better leader than you at this point. He owns a truck and is participating here with USEFUL threads and posts......

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
After reading this thread and knowing that the "old guard" is actually just trying to help you guys not get ******. All I have to say is I hope you boys put on your best dress and some lipstick so you at least can say you looked pretty when you get ****** at the dealer...

Other than that:

47202860.jpg

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading this thread and knowing that the "old guard" is actually just trying to help you guys not get ******. All I have to say is I hope you boys put on your best dress and some lipstick so you at least can say you looked pretty when you get ****** at the dealer...

Other than that:

47202860.jpg

yuppppppp , and don't look in the rearview mirror when you drive away cuz you'll see the entire dealership on the ground laughing.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These ******* Newbs are soo funny.. If they did not just show up yesterday to bash anything not Gen 2 related they would see this is the same thing that has been said on this forum from day 1. Year after year members have been saying the same thing and helping members get MSRP and better deals. But instead of accepting this they want to get into an internet fight.

Lost cause indeed.