Why does the Raptor come in so few colors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have said the same thing...Area 51 and Cactus Grey for the Raptor would be Fire! Bronco has an assortment of amazing colors...Raptor is pretty lack luster...I mean, who doesn't love seeing a million LFG, Black, and White Raptors on the road...gag. no thanks, too cool of a vehicle to stick to black, white and flat grey

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was ready to wait until 2022 but then I realized Velocity Blue was no longer available in 2022, and my local dealer had a VB 2021 in the showroom.

Paid a moderate ADM - I think this amounts to the most I've ever paid for paint on a truck. :)

I agree the color options are very frustrating. Magnetic Gray is the perfect color for a Raptor and there's nothing close to it available. Maybe a pandemic thing.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sucks indeed. I loved the performance blue. but when I got my 2018 19's were showing up on lots and I couldn't get the performance blue anymore. thats when leadfoot came out. went with white. now same thing. ordered a 22 and now leadfoot isn't available. crap. looks like it is another white one. rapid red is nice but. just another standard f150 color. at least white is the easiest to keep clean and hides the swirl marks the best, not to mention IMO allows all the accent colored flares, bumpers, grill, etc stand out more.

always thought about a wrap for a color nobody has but always worry about when I get tired of it and need to get it removed.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the code orange also. But i bet in typical Ford fashion they will put it on regular f150s soon making it run of the mill. I had the 2017 in Avalanche I miss that truck very much. Ford did not put it on regular f150s color but got rid of it instead which was worse. Really thought they would bring it back. They need another tan/sand or green maybe of some sort.