who's using Dynamat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the consensus that it doesn’t do much to make the interior more quiet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s my feeling, but I didn’t put a db meter to it.

@Guy did the dynamat first, maybe he would care to opine?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The doors didn’t seem to do anything. I did the skin under the panels and the area behind the speakers.

Truck started out pretty quiet.
Didn’t get any quieter. Not sure it made a sound difference either. Our diy under 500 upgrade is great.... it’s a nice upgrade.... but it’s not audiophile grade. I’m sure it would
Make more difference with a professional setup.

The sub wrapping worked big time. Made it sound like a legit enclosure.

That’s my feeling, but I didn’t put a db meter to it.

@Guy did the dynamat first, maybe he would care to opine?

nofire

Reaction score
I thought it made a pretty solid difference, personally. I used a box for the 4 doors (SCAB) and another box for the floor and the rear along with the dynaliner for the floor.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you clarify what size boxes - that is, what size of rolls you’re using and how many sheets per box?

I used more than that in dynamat rolls, but to be clear it was my first usage of dynamat.
if using dynamat a bulk box is 36 sq ft. most companies have boxes or rolls from 35-36 sq ft. typically 3.5 boxes for a supercab and 4-5 for a crewcab

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the consensus that it doesn’t do much to make the interior more quiet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shop used Stinger roadkill all over the floors and doors - we totally stripped the interior only thing left undone was under the headliner

Huge waste - only 2-3db drop

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had dynamatted the entire floor and doors of my previous truck and it didn't do much to reduce road noise. It may be different in the Raptor though.

I do plan on dynamatting the entire inside of my vette this winter. That thing is noisy especially with the runflops tires.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think they’ve done the bulk of quieting down the unwanted noise in the cabin. What I found with disabling the fake engine noise is that now you hear much more of what’s going on - hums, whirrs, whines and various noises that the fake noise obscures. Nothing horrible by any stretch and it’s overall more quiet, but more ‘busy’ if that makes sense.