who's using Dynamat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbobk

Reaction score
I bought that same box and it was enough to do inside and outside both fronts. It wasn’t enough to do full inside/outside of the back doors but it did enough that it’s good for me and I wouldn’t bother buying any more unless you want to do more pannels. The back of the cab might be a good place to add some dynomatt.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they’ve done the bulk of quieting down the unwanted noise in the cabin. What I found with disabling the fake engine noise is that now you hear much more of what’s going on - hums, whirrs, whines and various noises that the fake noise obscures. Nothing horrible by any stretch and it’s overall more quiet, but more ‘busy’ if that makes sense.
Interesting point Smurf. I thought the raptor was very quiet for a pickup truck and it didn't occur to me that the fake engine noise could be a contributing factor.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll likely be adding some dynamat / second skin to the roof, rear wall and doors.. the roof has always been the first one I've done on my trucks as it usually really helps with rain noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the fake noise has some fancy accounting noise cancellation built into it.

You hear more of what’s going on with it off. I agree. I would have left it on, but with the touring exhaust it sounded weird. All the tones didn’t play well together. It made it have a weird sound.

QUOTE=xxaarraa;1227088]Interesting point Smurf. I thought the raptor was very quiet for a pickup truck and it didn't occur to me that the fake engine noise could be a contributing factor.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Toadster,

Did you end up installing dynamat on your doors? Just ordered two boxes but trying to determine what else I might need to quiet the inside.

Did the doors - planning on doing behind the rear seats as well

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the doors - planning on doing behind the rear seats as well

Did you use any dynamat liner? Any noticeable difference? Hopefully two boxes is enough.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have two boxes of damplifier pro (CLD) waiting on my truck to show up. I’ll be doing 25% coverage of the door. Any more than that is a waste. I will making new vapor barriers out of ABS to close off the back of the door from the front. I’ll then do (MLV) Luxury liner pro on all 4 doors. I know I will do damplifier pro on the rear wall and I’m undecided about the floor right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve dynamatt’d the doors, and have to wonder what more you’re going to get by going further. I’d be willing to bet the truck stock is not even .5 db quieter dynamatt’d fully.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve dynamatt’d the doors, and have to wonder what more you’re going to get by going further. I’d be willing to bet the truck stock is not even .5 db quieter dynamatt’d fully.

Did you use MLV? I don’t do just CLD by itself. When used together that’s where I see the real difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro