Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know I haven't check in months.
I gave up on worring about that. I have a big thick lead plate in my right foot :)
I'll have to reset it and let you know, I was getting around 13.7 if I babied it. Otherwise the norm was 9.2 to 9.7
I will get back to you on that.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and I can't believe it.
I did hurt my neck with that launch in 4x4 yesterday.
I think I have a little whiplash going on. The back of neck is sore and I'm a little dizzy but with a smile.
When you watch thoses videos that pirate air posted of Bret901's truck, it does not do justice on what actaully is taking place.
I had no idea it was going to fell like that. It's actually violent but in a good way
I'll have to find an accelerometer an see what kind of G's it pulls at launch.
Next time I will put my seat in the upright postion and my head back if I do that again.
There ain't no lay back, two finger job on the steering wheel if your going the mash the pedal any more.

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
Great review

thanks for mentioning the fact that its still pretty quiet with normal driving.

I'm happy with the fact that this is the rout I have chosen to go with mine, Whipple and otherwise stock. I'm not feeling the need or desire to try to chase every additional power making option the may be after this.

Hopefully I will have that same smile in another week or so.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you on that.

Start up is a little louder in the morning because of a little higher rpm but that may change once the PCM is done with learning.
I don't want to be one of those idiots that has to disturb all the neighbors everytime they leave their house.

Also want to point out that when driving normal the gas pedal still feels the same as before when starting off from a stand still or cruising.

I dought we would feel any real gains if we did do other mods after the Whipple. Unless your taking it to the track and watching a couple of .10 th's come off your time.

You would have to go with a smaller drive pulley on the whipple and find a tune if you what to go really crazy. Or throw a 4 Liter Whipple on it and upgrade the internals and get 1000 HPs. Hell, throw a Jet engine in it, there's room in the bed :)

Last edited:

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are people putting out at the wheels with the Whipple charger on most raptors

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's so new that there are only handful of us with them running.
I only know of one video that has numbers.

Lethal Performance Exclusive: 2.9L Whipple kit for the Ford SVT Raptor 6.2L -- Dyno Results! - YouTube

My truck is completely stock, so is the Whipple kit except for the larger heat exchanger. And I am running BP 93 octane.
They have options.

With the Factory Hood closed
and the stock Twin 75mm throttle body and 63lbs injectors, like mine

Stock RW SAE HP: 335........... SC RW SAE HP: 508
Stock RW SAE TRQ: 366......... SC RW SAE TRQ: 492

I need this truck as a daily driver, and I'm on call 24/7/365 so I did not go crazy

Lethal Preformance is getting a bit more, but at what cost $$$. How much more can the Truck take before something happens.
I am not the one to find out.

When I was younger I did all that "The Tim Allen thing more power arg, arg, arg".

I wanted the Ron Popel thing "Set it and forget"

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome time MTF! Any plans to track it and see what it runs in the quarter mile?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about it, all my race buddies are gone now.
I know my wife won't come with me I think she is starting to call it Christine
I used to go to English Town Raceway in NJ many years ago.
If I get a chance I will bring a real movie camera and post.

Last edited: