Which Ford Raptor Should i get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Missionboi

Reaction score
Im sure people will vouch for me, the 5.4 is plenty for off road. Daily driving I like it for the better fuel mileage. It would be fun at times to have the 6.2. But if you want engine mods, the list is endless for the 5.4! And all the mods are SOOOO much cheaper.

That is def. something good lol cheaper mods is awesome! Do you have a clip on how ur truck sounds?

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh really?! Yea I got a carmax in burbank which is about 25 minutes away from me. I dont have to purchase anything and they can buy it? Its a 2012, and I made a terrible decision in getting it and I feel awful, but the raptor is just badass. I know I will have a grand or 2 in negative equity, I can just pay it off correct?

Correct. You will have to make up the difference for the negative equity on the spot but they will purchase the car from you and you do not have to buy anything from them.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
haha I wanted to go all the way around the building in one huge power slide but no one was with me to video it. I just set my iphone on a rock for this lol

OP
OP
M

Missionboi

Reaction score
Correct. You will have to make up the difference for the negative equity on the spot but they will purchase the car from you and you do not have to buy anything from them.

wow thats awesome! thank you so much for the information!

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

haha I wanted to go all the way around the building in one huge power slide but no one was with me to video it. I just set my iphone on a rock for this lol

Lol this made me bust up I can only imagine lol. How do you like your 5.4L? If you had the option to choose the 6.2L would you, or you love your 5.4?

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Lol this made me bust up I can only imagine lol. How do you like your 5.4L? If you had the option to choose the 6.2L would you, or you love your 5.4?

If I was to do it again, I would still probably get the 5.4. I have never felt on the road that I need more power. I drive 20k+ miles a year so the gas mileage is a plus. I cruise 75 and get 17mpg on hilly roads.
And the engine mods are just so cheap. Long tube headers and a off road y pipe for $500! how do you beat that? now look up the prices for the 6.2.
Off road the power difference is less than you would think too. Here is me and a buddy drag racing. Me 5.4 Him 6.2 both stock.
(ignore the music someone took video of us and put this music on)
5.4 vs 6.2.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Missionboi

Reaction score
wow! there wasn't a HUGE difference in that race! If anything Carmax has some 5.4L and no 6.2L so I might go with one of them and just putting the negative equity on the price of the truck. I think ima go with the orange.

And its kinda the same for v6 and v8 camaro. I got a tuned up bumblebee v6 camaro :) sounds supper bad*** and it has some good power and like you said, the parts are SO much cheaper than the SS parts.