Wheel well undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those were on the Ford Accessories site for the F150. I'm sure they would fit with trimming. I do find Ford is hit-n-miss with the rear wheel well on their trucks. Super Duty trucks are the same way...very ugly without a liner. They just can't seem to design a clean wheel well without "forcing" a liner of sorts.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Response from ZTech:
“they did a little research and found that the factory double dips a coating onto your frame which could potentially cause ours to not stick. They also mentioned one of the times you were there the vehicle left when there was bad weather which also could prevent the material from adhering properly. There could even be the slight possibility that they have a bad batch of undercoating, I am not sure”

When I was there second time it wasn’t snowing and they told me they can do it now and I told them I would prefer wait but they did it anyhow. Now it’s just finger pointing.. I wish that was some place in chicago with linex

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely I’m not going back to Ztech. Husky liners are just crappy so linex would be my only option.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta admit I'm suspicious of temperature playing a factor in things. Current Chicago temps don't really fall under what I would consider a "standard range."
As for my lining, I have to go dig up old receipts to confirm but I think it was http://www.linex.com/bedliners/premium.
Thanks a lot for recommendation. Linex reach out to me and they will be remove the Ztech mess for free and do it the right way. I wish I knew about them before...

Raptor-FTW

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for recommendation. Linex reach out to me and they will be remove the Ztech mess for free and do it the right way. I wish I knew about them before...

If it's in your budget and you don't have the Ford factory bedliner, you may want to consider getting your bed sprayed too.

image98

Reaction score
I prepped and applied Upol bed liner to my rear wheel wells and so for the product has held up well to dirt and gravel roads. Looking at your photographs, your white paint looks smooth and in fact glossy? How does the company prep the surface? It appears that they should scuff or at least lightly sand the paintable surface so that it has a dull appearance for good adhesion of their product.

IMG_4478hd.jpg

IMG_4501hd.jpg

IMG_4822hd.jpg

Last edited: