Wheel well undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimmyP

Reaction score
I cut mine, (Husky Liners) I don't think they are that bad, definitely Raptor specific however. The regular would not fit around the larger shock. I could have got it a little straighter but then looking at the side it looks even better.

DGZh0dUqSwGaOOYQ7i8alQ.jpg

Lol are these Husky liners? I bought husky liners but it’s not a really a raptor design (husky is claiming it is) and it covers shocks. I have to cut the openings for the shocks but I’m afraid it will look stupid.
Lol are these Husky liners? I bought husky liners but it’s not a really a raptor design (husky is claiming it is) and it covers shocks. I have to cut the openings for the shocks but I’m afraid it will look stupid.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prepped and applied Upon bed liner to my rear wheel wells and so for the product has held up well to dirt and gravel roads. Looking at your photographs, your white paint looks smooth and in fact glossy? How does the company prep the surface? It appears that they should scuff or at least lightly sand the paintable surface so that it has a dull appearance for good adhesion of their product.

IMG_4478hd.jpg

IMG_4501hd.jpg

IMG_4822hd.jpg
Damn that’s nice!!!

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut mine, (Husky Liners) I don't think they are that bad, definitely Raptor specific however. The regular would not fit around the larger shock. I could have got it a little straighter but then looking at the side it looks even better.

View attachment 118297
Thank you so much for pics!!! That’s actually look really nice!!!! Now I have an idea how to trim mine husky liners. Thank you!!

How did u cut it so smooth? I have any more pics??

Last edited:

Shogunn of Panama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prepped and applied Upon bed liner to my rear wheel wells and so for the product has held up well to dirt and gravel roads. Looking at your photographs, your white paint looks smooth and in fact glossy? How does the company prep the surface? It appears that they should scuff or at least lightly sand the paintable surface so that it has a dull appearance for good adhesion of their product.

IMG_4822hd.jpg

I second the Raptor Liner. My Jeep's trimmings and bumpers have been coated since 2015 and still hold strong. Even after many concentrated pressure washes.

TimmyP

Reaction score
I used an air saw, I pick up the truck from getting the CQuartz done today, so I'll take pics tonight. It was easy, I cut conservative on the first side, and slowly opened up until I liked it, that let me do the other side in almost one cut. trying to do this with a razor blade or a saws all would have been a bitch.

Thank you so much for pics!!! That’s actually look really nice!!!! Now I have an idea how to trim mine husky liners. Thank you!!

How did u cut it so smooth? I have any more pics??

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the way husky should of made these . I was waiting for the liners to come out, when they did it hides the shocks? What the hell husky.

TimmyP

Reaction score
Thank you, wasn't too hard, just took my time. Tried to see what would work best with the lines of the liner so it would look like it should have been that way.

You did really good job with cutting. It looks like it was made for this truck

It’s a shame that ford doesn’t make guards for the raptor.