Wheel Finish Issue. What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So good news, I called up venomrex Directly to discuss the issue. I explained the issue again, and resent the photos directly to them. I don’t know if something was lost when the messages from them were relayed but after a bit of discussion, they were open to a swap (which I originally wanted) a partial refund, or have them refinished.

I coordinated with the vendor who I bought from, who literally have one in stock (sold out every where else) and we will be doing the swap and I am be sending them the wheel (no shipping charge)

Overall happy with this outcome and hope this wheel will match the others. If not, lord knows I guess I will live with it at that point hah. I will keep the group informed.

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a final resolution. Got the replacement wheel installed and everything looks great.

i will chalk this up to a bit of miscommunication at the beginning. Once I personally got in touch with venomrex and sent them high res photos , they were quick to offer several solutions. They are great wheels and I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase them

I think some of the complexity in my situation was due to them being mounted and used. If you are considering a more complex color like bronze, take them out into the daylight (and shade) before they are mounts to make sure all is well.

Thanks to off-road alliance as well for facilitating a quick shop and being great as always.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got taken care of. I'm pretty picky about looking closely at stuff when I receive it, but I would have been looking more for scratches & dings, as opposed to setting them all side by side in good light to see if the colors matched properly. I could absolutely see how you might not catch the color difference until after they were mounted. Nice that they took care of it, that would have driven me nuts once I saw the difference.

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. Yup and honestly when I first saw the mismatch, I thought it was brake dust. The difference was really only noticeable in indirect lighting. Direct light would pick up more of the gold flake and it would look better

I really like the color and venomrex design (and price)

I think the weight savings is great and will negate the disadvantages of a heavier, more aggressive tire

as I said, I know a couple were one the fence because of this post. If you like them, buy them. They look great and the company got this sorted quick. off-road ALLIANCE had literally one bronze left in stock. They got it here in two days. I don’t imagine i will need new wheels again, but I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with either (will definitely buy more from alliance again )

just do a bit more due diligence than I did. Open the boxes before they are installed and look in different lighting

I know lot of people just bring their problems on the internet and leave, so I wanted to be sure to complete the story arch and give credit where credit is due for a positive resolution to this minor issue