What's the chances of you building a box like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not as easy as you think. that box was built for the chevy truck. our trucks have the oem floormat. so for a simple design like that, you would either cut your floormat, or remove it altogether. most people dont want to do either. the other question is how much offroading do you plan on doing? having forward firing woofers is like having down firing woofers, its fine in a normal vehicle, but not ideal in a vehicle that is going to be hitting jumps and whoops. the boxes i build are specifically designed to be offroad ready and to fit your vehicle exactly, bolting in at factory locations. if you are not planning on a lot of offroading, then i can build you one similiar to that, but if you are going to be offroad, then reinforcment is necessary along with facing the woofers in an up position.

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking jumps...honestly prolly never...along with much if ANY highspeed offroad. As far as bracing..yeah it will need some for the simple fact most of the new style high capacity 8s weight 16-20lbs each. The stock floor mat I'm ok with doing without as I tend to out those up for safe keeping so they look like new incase I ever trade my vehicles in. Also I could go either ported or sealed but each sub would be getting 400-500 watts each.

I don't even have the truck yet so this is all just speculation and trying to get an idea of pricing and shipping capabilities/possibilities.

Sent with Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can ship just about anywhere, so that is not an issue.
but the box design is big the component here. do you just want a simple box similiar to what you posted? to be honest, if thats the type of box you are looking for, it might be best to have a local shop build it for you. dont get me wrong, as a vendor i would love to have your business, but as a member first, i have to tell you that it is not cost effective to have me build and ship you a box like this. if you are really interested in having me personally build you the box, then i would love to. i build and design high output boxes on a regular basis. keep in mind i know shipping for something like this would run over $100, due to its weight and size.

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my local shops do nothing but prefab boxes and they screw those up half the time. I don't mind paying for quality though. I figured 70-100 for shipping so that's ok. I just like planning out my builds before hand so when the time comes ill let ya know. Luckily most of the subs I'm looking at only call for .35-.65 cuft sealed and .65-.85 ported

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if they cant get it right, then i am more than happy to accomodate your needs. with the size of the back seat, i believe i can fit a space for your amps and sound processor with the full length box. what type of equipment are you using?

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well right now Im trying Imperium audio design 12in "Reign" sub in a ported box tuned to 36hz with a audio technix 800w amp which I'm just breaking it in. It really needs a good 1200w. My last setup was two Skar audio Ma8 subs tuned to 34hz powered by a elemental designs nine.1 feeding them 600w each. Yeah I kinda like the smaller companies lol.

Next I'm looking at getting 4 DC 8in subs pushed by a dc amp more than likely...or I may go with sundown v2 8in subs with the same power...around 400-600 each. Right now I'm running polk db comps up front and polk db coaxs in the rear.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Although atomic has a nice 8in Sub as well. My two skar's impressed me and several other people.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me know when you are ready. it will take 3-4 weeks. i have a few boxes i am building right now, so i am a little backed up at the moment.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm just putting an idea out there for more of a compromise between forward firing and offroad capability, could you put the subs at a 45 degree angle to fire forward and up? I don't have any knowledge on box design, just wondering if there's a reason to not design a box like that

OP
OP
FineLineMtrSprt

FineLineMtrSprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could. ... wouldn't hurt anything but just because of the box itself you would still be faced with some of the same issues. Oh and it will prolly be months before I get my truck lol.

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Just realized I posted the wrong video lol. .. but this is the same basic idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62JWMSPfrj4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter