Whats a raptor like as a daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably my biggest surprise when test driving mine was how ******* plush it was inside. Never would I have thought that an off road focused vehicle would drive so well on the road.

Ford knocked it out of the park with the Raptor.

lt3170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive mine every day, in Jersey From Camden (which those roads are worse then offroading sometimes) to Stokes. Its the Vehicle I take everywhere I go. Weddings family trips, basic stops to work and back and to client visits. I average 12.5 MPG since I got it. 20k plus in miles for the first year. Size does't matter except the parkway. Have to just get in the left lane and go.

Comfort - Can't beat it.

Parking - Can be rough sometimes but its still the best Vehicle I have owned so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H
Reaction score
Probably my biggest surprise when test driving mine was how ******* plush it was inside. Never would I have thought that an off road focused vehicle would drive so well on the road.

Ford knocked it out of the park with the Raptor.

Sweet sounds like a pillow on wheels

John Tanglewood

Reaction score
I had to sell my Raptor for a business investment and I miss it every day.

It IS a bitch to park if you're in a tight area. If you've ever driven a big truck before this will not be a big deal to you.

And the height clearances. The only thing annoyed me was that the truck was unable to go to many of the parking garages I typically frequented. As the height is around 6'6" and the antenna extends beyond that, I had to be very careful in some garages. And some older ones with low ceilings were just impossible.

That being said, the truck is awesome. It does ride rough (which nobody really talks about), but it's a truck. I miss mine and cannot wait to get another when I have the means!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have my Raptor 6 years this June with 3 of those spent in wide spread out West Texas and the other 3 years downtown Dallas Texas.

Life in West Texas is great, wide open roads and parking spots designed for larger diesel trucks. This is completely the opposite in Dallas...especially downtown. A lot of the parking around Dallas is designed for sub-compact cars like hybrids and mini Coopers. You don't always have the option of parking out away from people. It was defiantly an adjustment moving to the city.

Anyhow, planning your parking is key! Raptors are much wider than other typical vehicles including trucks. So they take up most of the area inside a parking space. You always want to give your self some room between your truck's driver's side tires and the stripe...5-6" at least. If not, you run the risk of being blocked in. Don't worry about the passenger side, even if you have a passenger with you, you can always drop them off first or back out first to let them in.

Back up camera is an invaluable tool! There are times where backing into a spot is the only way or you have to parallel park. The rest is pretty easy, just be mindful of tight roads. It doesn't take long to get used to it. And you will enjoy the ride whether you're off road, some bumpy street, or open highway. I still enjoy driving my Raptor 6 years later.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to own a raptor but im not sure how bad it would be to drive to work or to drive in the city?
I do not care too much about mpg but what are you getting per tank?

Let me know, because I love these trucks!

I've daily driven mine for almost 6 years/100k miles in Los Angeles. Average MPG 11.5-12.5 depending on the seasonal gas blend.

Too wide? Never been a problem

Hard to park in the city? Only had to pass on spaces that would fit a prius/mini/smart. I do have to skip "compact" spots in sturctures, but I always find something. It's only been too tall for 3-4 parking structures.

TexasBlues

Reaction score
ive only had mine for a week and i commute 20 miles each way from the burbs to down ****** town atlanta... we have a garage with a 6-9 clearance and i get in ok... fold the mirrors and let it run a little longer before i start the turn in the curbed entry lanes... only bumped the tires 2x so far...

i know i can get in/out ok, but i ALWAYS drive slow to avoid a bounce... antenna hits the signs, and scrapes the ceiling in one spot, but IT FITS!... i always park downstairs, backed in, passenger side against a wall so im protected from phone toting ****-wads behind the wheel

the road comfort/confidence IS building, and with the 6.2, i can catch people playing **** the pok-e-mom at red lights and jump in front of them ...

go slow at 1st, the confidence will come

TB

Tango_9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor has been with me now 2 years, I can't stop driving it everywhere, I don't buy things to look at, I get my enjoyment from what I own, just I take care of what I own. With that said driving this truck is makes me smile. Random people will tell me "wow" love your truck, all I can say is yeah, me to. I wanted to get a stubby antenna but the stock one helps in parking garages, gauging height.

Parking, I always park out in no mans land, my wife gets a little pissed but understands, what ****** me off no matter out far out I park some ass wipe has to park beside me, luckily the running boards keep the door dings away ( I have a good story on that one). MPG, who cares, I'm driving a Raptor [emoji2]. You will not be disappointed in the ride and performance of this truck.