Whats a raptor like as a daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PC12driver

Reaction score
Great rig to drive every day. She's thirsty but the difference between a Raptor and any other trucks fuel cost is a rounding error. Buy it-drive it.

Aircraft and Moto Pilot
"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily drove my Raptor the first 14 month's I owned it. The last 12 month's I have been driving my wife's 2008 Shelby GT trying to decide if we are going to keep it or not. The Raptor is way more comfortable to drive than the Shelby and the mileage is a wash.

Mark

Fuzzy Dice

Reaction score
I daily drove mine and it was amazing. Super smooth ride on the crappy city streets around here. I actually found parking to be easier with the Raptor than a car (seriously) because of the visibility since I always back into parking spots. This was my first full size pickup so the mirrors are like 3x the area of a car mirror that I'm used to, I felt like I could see everything! It also helped that I had higher offset wheels and I could watch my tire sidewall and line it right up with the parking space line.

The main thing I disliked for daily driving was the suicide door on the SCAB. It's a pain in the ace to get things in/out of the back seat if you're parked even remotely close to the car next to you. A lot of times at work I ended up squeezed and I'd have to shuffle all my stuff from the back to the front seat, then close the small door to have enough room to back myself out of the way of the swing of the front door (if that makes sense). Basically there's not room for me to have my work backpack on AND close the small door. Also I bet there were a half dozen times when I slammed the front door closed without having closed the small door yet and it just goes "thunk" against the truck and bounces back open... you feel like an idiot.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

I should also note that the width of the truck was (in my mind...) a big reason I just totaled it. Even after almost two years of daily driving I wasn't completely used to how wide it was and when I moved over in my lane to avoid some debris in the road, my tires caught the curb. Not the first time I've curb checked.

This time though the curb was more at an angle than perpendicular to the main road surface so I popped right over it and into the sandy/muddy dirt on the other side which sucked me over and I half t-***** half sideswiped a guard rail and retaining wall...

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, Fuzzy, that sucks. Sorry man, but sounds like your ok, so you lived to tell the tale. Raptor saves another soul.

Re daily driving: I love driving in the city, where the rules are the bigger you are, the more right of way you own.... Pot holes and those freeking man-hole covers, the Raptor just eats em for lunch without complaint. Parking? Whole nuther story. Yes, you can see around you, but finding a spot where some a-whole isn't going to nest in beside you and require you to squeeze through a 6" door opening can be an issue. If you have a bigwide parking spot (which I don't in downtown Philly) and don't have to butthorn the truck in, rock on. I'm getting 13.5 all day long....like I actually give a crap...and momma drives to work and drops me off in the SHO, so we have fun anyway.

clayj159

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really excited to see how the 2017 360 deg. cam system will help with these tight parking issues. However, not a fan of having to climb out the window, haha.

RayMac1963

Reaction score
Hewitt, The ride is good, its a comfortable truck. its wide, but not too wide that its much of a head ache. I'm kind of use to it because i had a H2 and i drove 150 Lariat before i got my Raptor.

Parking can be a bit of a pain at the mall, but thats more because my wife wants to park close and bugs the crap out of me to try and go in tight spaces near the front. When i park alone, it great. That 6.2 is thirsty, but not much more then the 5.4 to be honest.

The New Guy

Reaction score
I used to daily this truck. It's heavy and wide. I live in ATL. Narrow streets and lots of traffic. Keep this in mind... There are no curbs you can't go over lol and you can't scrub the rims!