Whats a raptor like as a daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For a truck that is 6300lbs, 19 ft long, it rides really smooth and handles a lot better than similar trucks its size.
Stock power is good enough, and mpg is what you'll expect from a truck that big with 35's and 4.30s.

Average 13.5mpg lately. Mostly highway around 80+. Fill her up with 93 to get that extra oomph.

swampfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put 140k miles on two raptors combined. A good combination of city/highway driving & averaged 13 mpg across the board pretty regularly. I do not understand how others are doing 15 mpg or better. I left my trucks stock so maybe that has something to do with others getting 2 mpg better than I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, the Raptor even cures whatever physical ailments you may have.

This is really true...I have lower back problems and when I get into my Raptor, the seat adjusts to the perfect position, lumbar support is set, and I turn on the seat heater. By the time I get to work, I have no pain.

I use mine as a daily driver and my previous vehicle was a Honda Civic Hybrid...OK no laughing, at least it wasn't a Prius. Now I have 40K miles and I'll never go back to a small car, with the possible exception of a Ford GT.

So here is a list of the differences between a car and a Raptor I observed:
- Width, many have mentioned this and you will need to be more attentive to where you are in the lane. But this becomes second nature as you drive.
- Height, which is a great benefit for many things, but when I first started out, I would tend to leave more space than needed in front of me when I parked. With the NAV-TV mod, I don't have this problem any more.
- Since the Raptor is built for off-road, the ride sometimes is not as smooth as others. My boss noticed this as his F150 Lightning has a much different suspension.
- One thing I bought was trim for the edge of the door. The door tends to swing open and hit the car next to you if you are not careful. A very inexpensive mod.
- I had to practice making a turn into a parking spot. I would always wind with up too much space of the left (see my picture). I attribute this to the longer distance between the driver and the rear wheels in a SCREW. But you get used to it.
- You will be very pleased driving the family around on the highway. You feel the safety, security and comfort that has been built in. I always felt like a victim in a Civic.
- Curbs, potholes, speed bumps. One tends to forget they are there, making your passengers cringe, as you smile.
- And speaking of smiles, just get used to it as strangers constantly compliment you on your truck. Last week someone started talking to me about superchargers in a parking lot, Roush, Whipple, etc.

It's a great truck, just get it if you haven't already. You'll be very happy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H
Reaction score
This is really true...I have lower back problems and when I get into my Raptor, the seat adjusts to the perfect position, lumbar support is set, and I turn on the seat heater. By the time I get to work, I have no pain.

I use mine as a daily driver and my previous vehicle was a Honda Civic Hybrid...OK no laughing, at least it wasn't a Prius. Now I have 40K miles and I'll never go back to a small car, with the possible exception of a Ford GT.

So here is a list of the differences between a car and a Raptor I observed:
- Width, many have mentioned this and you will need to be more attentive to where you are in the lane. But this becomes second nature as you drive.
- Height, which is a great benefit for many things, but when I first started out, I would tend to leave more space than needed in front of me when I parked. With the NAV-TV mod, I don't have this problem any more.
- Since the Raptor is built for off-road, the ride sometimes is not as smooth as others. My boss noticed this as his F150 Lightning has a much different suspension.
- One thing I bought was trim for the edge of the door. The door tends to swing open and hit the car next to you if you are not careful. A very inexpensive mod.
- I had to practice making a turn into a parking spot. I would always wind with up too much space of the left (see my picture). I attribute this to the longer distance between the driver and the rear wheels in a SCREW. But you get used to it.
- You will be very pleased driving the family around on the highway. You feel the safety, security and comfort that has been built in. I always felt like a victim in a Civic.
- Curbs, potholes, speed bumps. One tends to forget they are there, making your passengers cringe, as you smile.
- And speaking of smiles, just get used to it as strangers constantly compliment you on your truck. Last week someone started talking to me about superchargers in a parking lot, Roush, Whipple, etc.

It's a great truck, just get it if you haven't already. You'll be very happy.

Thanks for all the details, helped a lot. Can't wait till i get my raptor

Alan205

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I daily drive mine, have for 8 months. I commute aprox 100 miles a day. I usually get 14.2 mpg according to the digital indicator in the dash. I run around 68 to 70 mph on 87 octane.
As far as parking I park at the very end of the parking lot so I don't get my doors banged up by idiots.
The truck definitely is a head turner.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
I daily drive mine, have for 8 months. I commute aprox 100 miles a day. I usually get 14.2 mpg according to the digital indicator in the dash. I run around 68 to 70 mph on 87 octane.
As far as parking I park at the very end of the parking lot so I don't get my doors banged up by idiots.
The truck definitely is a head turner.

Thats good to hear, I don't care about mpg at all anymore i just want to drive this monster