What to do to convert an fx4 to a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Front fenders (OEM or Aftermarket)
Rear fenders (OEM or Aftermarket)
Front suspension (upper & lower A-arms, tie rods, CV shafts, shocks, springs)
Rear suspension (springs, shocks)
Gears front and rear
Rear e-locker
Tires (OEM or Aftermarket)
Raptor specific programing (off-road mode, etc - would be extremely difficult to replicate)

And all of that is if you don't care that it doesn't look exactly like a Raptor. If you want it to look exactly like one, add the following:
Wheels
Hood
Grille
Marker lights
Rear Axle (to get the rear track width correct)

As far as cost, depends on what you can find where. The grill by itself is about $800 new from Ford.

^^Here is your answer.

They swapped the Ecoboost engine only into the Raptor.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

That won't really work as the fenders are wider. You would have to convert the front suspension as the Raptor's A-arms are about 4" longer than stock, otherwise the wheels would be 4" inset inside the fender.

I thought they said it was cheaper to get an F-150 with the eco-boost rather then get the eco-boost and do an engine swap.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I thought they said it was cheaper to get an F-150 with the eco-boost rather then get the eco-boost and do an engine swap.
Take a look at their project page:
Eco-Raptor

They had two trucks and completely gutted both of them. They used the Raptor frame, suspension, body panels, cab, etc. There is a pic of a forklift lifting the Eco-Boost out of the other trucks frame.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Think though. A FX4 outfitted with the luxury stuff my scab has is just about the same price. Then you have to add on the suspension (around $4000+) and the fenders (a few thousand) and the tires and rims ($2000+) And then you have to add in all the labor. So I'm betting it would be around $15,000+ for a fake raptor. And you still won't have Off Road mode or anything like that.

OP
OP
S

Subkist

Reaction score
ugh. the thing is, i really want a raptor, but the economy is tough. whats the next best thing to one?

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Take a look at their project page:
Eco-Raptor

They had two trucks and completely gutted both of them. They used the Raptor frame, suspension, body panels, cab, etc. There is a pic of a forklift lifting the Eco-Boost out of the other trucks frame.

Started with an EcoBoost Scab. They did a frame swap to get the proper wheelbase. Cab is still EcoBoost...she wanted cooled seats ;) Serena stated in the build thread to start with a Raptor and do an engine swap would be too much money. Buy a new Raptor, an EcoBoost crate motor and then be left with a brand new 6.2.. I would say the only Raptor parts on that truck are the bed, fenders, hood, lower arms, CV's and bumpers.