What to do to convert an fx4 to a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subkist

Reaction score
i know this is kinda cheating, but what all would you have to do to convert an fx4 or lariat to a raptor? and if its possible(im sure it is) how much would the whole setup cost?

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well SDHQ and Serena converted her ECO boost to a Raptor. But a well equipped FX4 is damn near the same price as a Raptor, just minus the wait. Get a Raptor.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you already have an FX4 or are you just opposed to waiting/or buying a Raptor? There has to be a Ford catalog out there to be able to buy the hood and fenders. I'm pretty sure you might be able to pick up some used fenders on here from the guys and gals that have switched to the Boatec fiberglass fenders.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
i know this is kinda cheating, but what all would you have to do to convert an fx4 or lariat to a raptor? and if its possible(im sure it is) how much would the whole setup cost?

Front fenders (OEM or Aftermarket)
Rear fenders (OEM or Aftermarket)
Front suspension (upper & lower A-arms, tie rods, CV shafts, shocks, springs)
Rear suspension (springs, shocks)
Gears front and rear
Rear e-locker
Tires (OEM or Aftermarket)
Raptor specific programing (off-road mode, etc - would be extremely difficult to replicate)

And all of that is if you don't care that it doesn't look exactly like a Raptor. If you want it to look exactly like one, add the following:
Wheels
Hood
Grille
Marker lights
Rear Axle (to get the rear track width correct)

As far as cost, depends on what you can find where. The grill by itself is about $800 new from Ford.

It would cost more than getting a Raptor in the first place.
^^Here is your answer.

Well SDHQ and Serena converted her ECO boost to a Raptor. But a well equipped FX4 is damn near the same price as a Raptor, just minus the wait. Get a Raptor.
They swapped the Ecoboost engine only into the Raptor.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

thats understandable. what about just the hood and sides.
That won't really work as the fenders are wider. You would have to convert the front suspension as the Raptor's A-arms are about 4" longer than stock, otherwise the wheels would be 4" inset inside the fender.

Last edited:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would guess that to buy a new FX4 and convert it to a Raptor, would be about the same cost as buying a new Raptor and a new Ford Focus. (but the insurance on a truck plus a car would be more expensive than just the Raptor'ed-FX4.)