What to do to convert an fx4 to a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Buy the cheapest base model f150, and throw on some long travel susp. If you want cheap.

It won't be a raptor, but it will kinda do the same thing?

Idk what else to say man, we've told you all the "cheap" options lol

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 QX is $60k base? If he's that cheap he wouldn't be buying $100-200k cars that cost upwards of $20-30k a year to maintain each!!! Still not making any sense, but who am I to judge.:ROFLJest:

It will cost you more to "build" a raptor like truck than its worth. You buy a base model dump $10-15k into it and you'll never get that money back for the simple fact its still a base model F150 that you added Aftermarket part to........

Last edited:

frostedrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is your first vehicle? Don't go expensive, buy a cheap beater to beat the shit out of, save up money, and get a good credit score. then get a raptor in a couple of years

OP
OP
S

Subkist

Reaction score
yea. youre right frostedrob. maybe for graduation haha. does anybody know what variant of f250 thats best for offroad?

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this is kinda cheating, but what all would you have to do to convert an fx4 or lariat to a raptor? and if its possible(im sure it is) how much would the whole setup cost?

Late to the game, so I'll just reiterate what many have already noted. When I went to trade my '02 FX4 Lariat for my 2011 Raptor, I did due diligence and looked to see what a "same" trade would cost...i.e., 2011 FX4 Lariat (the equivalent, since I didn't see that exact model for 2011). Raptor was essentially the same price, give or take a thousand or two. Would have bought the Raptor regardless, but this just put it into the "no brainer" category.

OP
OP
S

Subkist

Reaction score
well if anybody comes across an ad or something for one that looks pretty low could you pm it to me?