What Should I Buy In the Finance Office?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you plan on off-roading the Raptor, buy the Ford ESP PremiumCare. Go to: https://www.floodfordesp.com and price what you want with a deductible you are comfortable with and print it out. Bring that quote to the Finance guy and have them match it. If they won’t then you have up to 1yr or 12k miles to still buy the warranty from FloodFord. After 1yr/12k and up to 3yr/36k you can still purchase it but the price goes up after the first year or 12k miles so just buy it before then.

When I did this, the Finance guy would not match it and I even told him I would pay $100 more on his. He came down to $125 difference and would not budge on the $25 so I stuck to my guns and decline his offer and purchased it later from FloodFord

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing I bought at the finance desk was my truck. I almost didn't even get my financing done there because of interest rates I was able to get procuring my own loan, but they were able to match that.

I brought up flood ford ESP and told them I'd buy it through them if they could match FF price, but they weren't able to do that. The guy was baffled at how FF was able to provide the warranty at the cost they do because it was showing as lower than the dealers actual cost...

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing!!!

I got an extended 6 year 100K bumper to bumper warranty through my insurance company Mercury for $700. You can take it to the dealer or any where you like for repair work. This is the same warranty the finance office at Ford tried selling me for $5000 at first then dropping it $2800 and told me it was a great deal because the truck is "turbo'd".

I never add anything in the Finance office.

1. because they over charge

&

2. because you will add it to your financed total and pay interest on it as well

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing!!!

I got an extended 6 year 100K bumper to bumper warranty through my insurance company Mercury for $700.

I would proceed with caution when it comes to these 3rd party warranties with insurance companies. Hopefully yours through Mercury is better than the one I had through Allstate a few years back. It was a nightmare. They denied a claim to have my transmission rebuilt because I had a cat-back exhaust on the vehicle. Luckily I get some free legal help and my cousin wrote them a letter and I eventually got reimbursed for that cost.

Beyond that, even smaller repairs were a nightmare. They didn't want to replace parts with OEM and every repair required an adjuster to go inspect the vehicle to get approval, so even when the repairs were covered, they took forever and/or sub standard parts were used.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would proceed with caution when it comes to these 3rd party warranties with insurance companies. Hopefully yours through Mercury is better than the one I had through Allstate a few years back. It was a nightmare. They denied a claim to have my transmission rebuilt because I had a cat-back exhaust on the vehicle. Luckily I get some free legal help and my cousin wrote them a letter and I eventually got reimbursed for that cost.

Beyond that, even smaller repairs were a nightmare. They didn't want to replace parts with OEM and every repair required an adjuster to go inspect the vehicle to get approval, so even when the repairs were covered, they took forever and/or sub standard parts were used.

I gotcha on that! I am sure any warranty work can always be disputed. I have been with my same Mercury agent since I started driving 24 years ago. I am sure he would work hard for me if I needed anything repaired.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a Ford Advisor's perspective,

I've dealt with many third party warranties and almost none come close to Ford ESP. Ford ESP is very easy and covers many/most of the large items/important items minus trim. Third party warranties can be crooks and all claims have to be called in, inspectors may have to come out and then it's a multiple day ordeal to find out if you're covered or not. Ford ESP is cut and dry, you reference the basic part number and find out immediately if it's covered and also has an option for 1st day rental and rental assistance up to 10 days. Most 3rd party policies only cover a rental so many days depending on how many labor hours the job is and only cover components depending on many stipulations. They also will sometimes send their own lesser value part to replace because it's cheaper than a brand new one like that you'd get with a Ford ESP. I've unfortunately seen many 3rd party companies rip a lot of people off. For me, obviously, it's Ford ESP or nothing and

I personally won't get one until my base warranty is about expired, that way I won't have to get it inspected first and I'll know by that time if I plan to keep the truck longer or not. Also, if you can swing it, I'd recommend going for the $0 deduct otherwise it's mainly $50 or $100 everytime you bring it in for a covered component.

As far as what I would get when buying the truck in finance, ALWAYS get the TireCare plan, it covers all road hazard repairs and blow out and can be used with any tire size even if you upgrade size (37") and when you buy a new tire due to wear that tire is automatically covered as well and the coverage is of course at any Ford dealer or tire dealer using the 1 800 #. The tire policy will pay for itself, especially with the price of our tires. This is my personal opinion and experience as someone who does this professionally.

D

Deleted member 12951

From a Ford Advisor's perspective,

As far as what I would get when buying the truck in finance, ALWAYS get the TireCare plan, it covers all road hazard repairs and blow out and can be used with any tire size even if you upgrade size (37") and when you buy a new tire due to wear that tire is automatically covered as well and the coverage is of course at any Ford dealer or tire dealer using the 1 800 #. The tire policy will pay for itself, especially with the price of our tires. This is my personal opinion and experience as someone who does this professionally.

I would disagree. I was about to buy this when in financing and I took the time to read the fine print.

It does NOT cover all hazards and clearly states that it is NOT covered when off-roading.

This might very well be worth getting on a vehicle that is not a Raptor or a raptor that you never take off-road but when I saw that on the contract, I declined it because I knew on day 1 that I was planning on using the Raptor for what it is designed. I mean, my raptor was at TRR when it was 3 week old from picking it up from the dealer after it arrived via railcar the previous day.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would disagree. I was about to buy this when in financing and I took the time to read the fine print.

It does NOT cover all hazards and clearly states that it is NOT covered when off-roading.

This might very well be worth getting on a vehicle that is not a Raptor or a raptor that you never take off-road but when I saw that on the contract, I declined it because I knew on day 1 that I was planning on using the Raptor for what it is designed. I mean, my raptor was at TRR when it was 3 week old from picking it up from the dealer after it arrived via railcar the previous day.

It's a Road Hazard warranty, as in streets where most of us are driving at least 80% of the time. So those nails, bolts, pot holes, objects in the road that can occasionally blow our $3XX+ tires will cover a new replacement, in my eyes it's more than worth it. I have never seen an actual road hazard concern be denied.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a Road Hazard warranty, as in streets where most of us are driving at least 80% of the time. So those nails, bolts, pot holes, objects in the road that can occasionally blow our $3XX+ tires will cover a new replacement, in my eyes it's more than worth it. I have never seen an actual road hazard concern be denied.

Been driving for over 40 years.

The next time I have a tire blow will be the first.

How much would 40 years of road hazard have cost me????

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving for over 40 years.

The next time I have a tire blow will be the first.

How much would 40 years of road hazard have cost me????

Sounds like you've been lucky, kudos. I see them almost on a daily basis with customer's cars, I also live in a large city with terrible roads which may play a factor in that.