What Should I Buy In the Finance Office?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To start: New to the forum. Familiar with forums. Already searched. Decided not to post in the prospective owners thread because my build date was 10 days ago. Please don’t flame me :).

I’m about two weeks from delivery and I’m looking to figure out dollars and cents.

I want to know what you were offered in the finance office and what you thought was worth it.

What to know: I have around 25% down so no gap. Experience tells me not EVERYTHING in F&I is a rip-off. I like wheel and tire packages as a rule.

Goal here is to learn what I might want to add to my price that I should account for up front.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add on's such as tint,wheels etc are done with the salesman in my experience. When you get to the finance office, they will try to sell gap, extended warranty,Lo-Jack type systems, paint/interior protection. I've always skipped all of them and just signed my paperwork and on my way.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add on's such as tint,wheels etc are done with the salesman in my experience. When you get to the finance office, they will try to sell gap, extended warranty,Lo-Jack type systems, paint/interior protection. I've always skipped all of them and just signed my paperwork and on my way.

I agree..... don't buy anything with finance.

if you want extended warranty with wheel and tire coverage, just get it online at floodford or zeiglerford.

jaredstrauss

Reaction score
I got the Simonize Glasscoat for the warranty. I think they asked around $500 for it and I said can you do it for $75. Finance guy said their cost was around $140 and he’d do it for $150. The cost is pretty much all warranty. It covers interior and exterior stains. Might still be a rip-off at $150 but seemed worth it to me for spills in the backseat. Baby coming soon.

Jackkk

Reaction score
To start: New to the forum. Familiar with forums. Already searched. Decided not to post in the prospective owners thread because my build date was 10 days ago. Please don’t flame me :).

I’m about two weeks from delivery and I’m looking to figure out dollars and cents.

I want to know what you were offered in the finance office and what you thought was worth it.

What to know: I have around 25% down so no gap. Experience tells me not EVERYTHING in F&I is a rip-off. I like wheel and tire packages as a rule.

Goal here is to learn what I might want to add to my price that I should account for up front.

Look into one of the Ford extended warranties for around $1500. For many years I was against extended warranties on any and everything, but as of recently I purchased it on 3 vehicles in the last year. My last 3 Sierras were nothing but problems and an extended warranty would have worked well. And now my 2017 F250 and 2018 Raptor is in the shop. Yes they are under factory warranty, but apparently they all break!!! Im hoping that Ford will break less. Also, when you purchase a Ford extended warranty you get a rental car when your truck is in the shop.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can get true extended warranty after you run out of factory warranty. When they sell you a 6 year warranty it overlaps the BTB factory warranty, so you are paying for only 3 years extra technically but for the whole term of the loan.... I am a used car dealer in NJ. Endurance warranty plan will still cover you after 36k miles bumper to bumper for 1-6 years $100 deductible, and you can go to Ford dealership. This warranty is very reasonably priced. You are going to change wheels sooner or later, wheel tire package not worth it. Welcome and congrats.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something out of the vending machine and thats about it.....

In all seriousness the only thing I got was an extended from my dealer, they price matched the best price I could find from an online source. 6y/125k for a lil over $2K I believe.

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the extended warranty on mine, extends the total coverage to 5/100 from the factory 3/36. About $1500. I was told its pro-rated so if I sell the truck prior I should get money back

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am a bottom-dollar car buyer, so I always skip the items the finance guys try to sell me. When I bought my Gen 2, I politely asked if we could skip the sale pitch, but he pointed to a camera mounted on his wall and said we were being recorded. He said he was "required" by the dealership to explain the extended warranties and the rest of their overpriced items.

After he went through his pitch, he quietly said I could take my time to think about it because that is what "they" expect. We sat there for 5 minutes in awkward silence, then he said, "OK, so you do not want anything". I said "Nope!" :biggrin:

Anytime someone is "required" to pitch a product to you, I guarantee it is not a good deal and they only make them do it because of the additional profit.