What ride got attention, wanted or unwanted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the Raptor is well known enough that it garners attention when you guys are just driving/commuting? Is it common in your area or are you the only one driving one? I think there's a couple other Gen 1s in my area here, a terrain colored and another oxford white one that I've seen a few times. Do people give you looks, stares, thumbs up, questions about it when you're out and about?

I got to reminiscing the other day about vehicles I've owned and I realized I've been all over the place from mild to wild. Had a couple of black E36 M3s that were barely discernible from a base 3 series to a yellow 87 Z28, a burnt orange ram air Trans Am, a plain white Dodge Durango and then recently a white with blue stripes Shelby GT350 and now the Raptor.

By far, the Shelby was the attention getter, both with how it looked and how it sounded. I really enjoyed the reactions people had and I miss the finger pointing, the older guys elbowing each other to look, the younger kids asking if it was a race car, the people that wanted you to goose it to hear the exhaust roar, the young ladies that would strain to see and then look completely disappointed when they saw it wasn't anywhere near Brad Pitt driving!! It was just a fun time.

Now my Raptor is emblazoned with 47 giant stickers and emblems that proclaim it's a Raptor and if I'm stopped somewhere, I will often get a comment or two or question about what year it is, which I really like, but nothing like the Shelby. You guys get these people looking? Do you want the attention? Do you like meeting and talking with people about the truck?

rfJnF5kQpI2FW2J0nyObIyMlxV3rG_qNa98w4jMvOt5GPugC8PSXV45X5LFZw0m9qZXoYgISC-ljOIpvz5zviGxsxt8afnDNSAPgV0d77Tnh6cTavLmlya9fFi_ZgbhHej4M_-indB4BJOn5adDGInRiuCo5h2Zf3uyBqxYuKvnyzWW7rRaNpsRIYNods4oLVd5BHHRJwXBMGBVwCQk9kbM-GzHC91-CWWsQGvopJ_hTascyn9iey9OiAxdNVVunrAn4eD5ikl-AcuomZ36kyBcXdbQK65toQzrA6YeokAHskgy5Kyd78BLLSfMa6cSYQON0qGxdc7odKx-7UZjjoNULV5FJ8X77A5SQIoUodZmAfjEWniXtUlMlkJ59q8wmEDxk9MAxUEcM1ltlJiCfORmDXp8zpOsvW-yMO_Ucgct0ckZpT5CF4tWh3gq2OfmRHDiSzbbEFZmTTgCVoeLVseSeyQ7nWVJBRW4iNjQDmEOcOIc98zF6RSZWx8HjYlftia8LWldzhbuUYBnqrk-mJArT0CWBQGdUKAfPz5w6G6-O4pD36lCRzegKr3F66_4L80lNqtfAmCieAcI5_xFcZlc99CFCd0mz2Ccs_rDgTmcam0WtNwiHQ8wqB_lCakvs5fkpli3niSWbBQKXA42InVw7r7Su17EkzuimlLWuBHLIW_s5dRBbBdMQ33KkYTw=w607-h809-no

P6_K_Xd5Lt_-To_aMTjMk9YHgHM0bQ1WxmnIn=w607-h809-no.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's me that's grabbing people's attention not the truck.

But seriously, not too much. There are a lot of raptors around here. I am the second Raptor on my street, and there are at least another Raptor and a Rousch in my neighborhood section. Then there are modded trucks that get some attention. So really, mine is one of many nice trucks around here. Jeeps are also very popular around here, usually modded to make it stand it out in some way. Basically, have a uncommon/rare/unique vehicle is rather common around here.

OP
OP
Rocsteady

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask; if you have no decals all over the place, do people realize it's anything but a Ford pickup?

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my first raptor in the early days the attention was there, now I don't really see anyone blink and eye.

Maybe a little boy every once and awhile pointing while we are going down the road.

The most attention I had was a supercharged 1931 Ford streetrod or my orange Gen5 Viper.

Ben Lucas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor gets some attention but typically only by anyone that knows cars/trucks. my 11 gt500 is the same but the 69 mach 1 makes everyone look and ask questions.
My OJ Bronco doesn’t get a look very often.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the Raptor is well known enough that it garners attention when you guys are just driving/commuting? Is it common in your area or are you the only one driving one? I think there's a couple other Gen 1s in my area here, a terrain colored and another oxford white one that I've seen a few times. Do people give you looks, stares, thumbs up, questions about it when you're out and about?

I got to reminiscing the other day about vehicles I've owned and I realized I've been all over the place from mild to wild. Had a couple of black E36 M3s that were barely discernible from a base 3 series to a yellow 87 Z28, a burnt orange ram air Trans Am, a plain white Dodge Durango and then recently a white with blue stripes Shelby GT350 and now the Raptor.

By far, the Shelby was the attention getter, both with how it looked and how it sounded. I really enjoyed the reactions people had and I miss the finger pointing, the older guys elbowing each other to look, the younger kids asking if it was a race car, the people that wanted you to goose it to hear the exhaust roar, the young ladies that would strain to see and then look completely disappointed when they saw it wasn't anywhere near Brad Pitt driving!! It was just a fun time.

Now my Raptor is emblazoned with 47 giant stickers and emblems that proclaim it's a Raptor and if I'm stopped somewhere, I will often get a comment or two or question about what year it is, which I really like, but nothing like the Shelby. You guys get these people looking? Do you want the attention? Do you like meeting and talking with people about the truck?

rfJnF5kQpI2FW2J0nyObIyMlxV3rG_qNa98w4jMvOt5GPugC8PSXV45X5LFZw0m9qZXoYgISC-ljOIpvz5zviGxsxt8afnDNSAPgV0d77Tnh6cTavLmlya9fFi_ZgbhHej4M_-indB4BJOn5adDGInRiuCo5h2Zf3uyBqxYuKvnyzWW7rRaNpsRIYNods4oLVd5BHHRJwXBMGBVwCQk9kbM-GzHC91-CWWsQGvopJ_hTascyn9iey9OiAxdNVVunrAn4eD5ikl-AcuomZ36kyBcXdbQK65toQzrA6YeokAHskgy5Kyd78BLLSfMa6cSYQON0qGxdc7odKx-7UZjjoNULV5FJ8X77A5SQIoUodZmAfjEWniXtUlMlkJ59q8wmEDxk9MAxUEcM1ltlJiCfORmDXp8zpOsvW-yMO_Ucgct0ckZpT5CF4tWh3gq2OfmRHDiSzbbEFZmTTgCVoeLVseSeyQ7nWVJBRW4iNjQDmEOcOIc98zF6RSZWx8HjYlftia8LWldzhbuUYBnqrk-mJArT0CWBQGdUKAfPz5w6G6-O4pD36lCRzegKr3F66_4L80lNqtfAmCieAcI5_xFcZlc99CFCd0mz2Ccs_rDgTmcam0WtNwiHQ8wqB_lCakvs5fkpli3niSWbBQKXA42InVw7r7Su17EkzuimlLWuBHLIW_s5dRBbBdMQ33KkYTw=w607-h809-no

P6_K_Xd5Lt_-To_aMTjMk9YHgHM0bQ1WxmnIn=w607-h809-no.jpg

Not sure if I get all the thumbs up and "nice-truck" because its a Raptor,or because its a Shelby....guess I have the best of both worlds.....
Not many Raptors where I live,so its not a common Truck....but will say I get way more "attention" when driving my '63 Corvette...but at my age I'll take attention anyway I can get it...;)

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 79', Porsche 928 in 1983 when I bought it. It was a pretty advanced design for the time period. Girls loved it.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only get a few compliments or people looking due to the plethora of jacked up Jeep's and modded trucks around here.

I do enjoy the 5-8 year old crowd that always point and look at it like it's a big dumb monster truck.