What ride got attention, wanted or unwanted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first time I drove it to church the congregation had a fit, typical questions like - "Hey how can you afford that?", "Is that a real Raptor or a fake?", etc.
I can afford it cause I stick to a rock-solid budget and don't have sky high credit card debt! Most of America is swimming in CC debt, student loans, lines of credit, mortgages they can't afford and the rest.

I love my Raptor and no one asks about it anymore, after 2 years.
Just another of maybe 20-30 pickups in our parking lot each Sunday.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
my raptor gets LOTS of attention. It doesn't matter if it is on the trailer and I'm filling up the tow rig at a gas station, stopped at a rest stop, sitting in a parking lot... Hell, I've even come out of a hotel to grab something out of the truck and met people taking pictures of it int he parking lot.

I'm pretty sure people have stopped by texas motorworx just to see it on the lift.

My GT350 caught a ton of attention too, both good and bad.

When I take my raptor for a spin around new orleans, most people look at it like its a UFO.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I my area there are a handful on Gen 1st and Gen 2s. My Gen 2 gets a decent amount of attention. I get plenty of looks and periodically get a "sick truck" or "nice Raptor man".

Flatfuse

Reaction score
I got a lot of attention from truck guys in 17 when gen 2 first came out. Other than that, I live in a uber liberal city on the west coast and more likely to get flipped off by Prius's for driving a carbon belching truck.

I'm not willing to put a Bernie sticker on the bumper to stop the finger wagging.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a lot of attention from truck guys in 17 when gen 2 first came out. Other than that, I live in a uber liberal city on the west coast and more likely to get flipped off by Prius's for driving a carbon belching truck.

I'm not willing to put a Bernie sticker on the bumper to stop the finger wagging.

Haha nice. Living in a conservative area the Pruii swerve to the side of the road to let me by.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar (#213 of 250 made) got tons of attention anywhere I drove it. It was a rare car and a bright blue color. Raptors are dime a dozen here, maybe a modded one gets attention.

F9158EBA-01CB-47D9-87B9-765A7CB3973F.jpeg

Killr V

Reaction score
I'm coming from a GTR and customized Benzs, but have noticed very little attention with the Raptor. It's actually kind of nice to fly under the radar so to speak for a bit. :)

I wouldn't change it though, great truck!

Stantheatmman

Reaction score
My cobra replica gets more attention than I want. Raptor not much it’s a truck we have lots of trucks here attention is ok but not when they want to lean on your car and ask the same questions you’ve answered a million times. Yes it’s fast etc etc etc

Hooch

Reaction score
Don’t really care for the thumbs up, don’t want my raptor to be associated with the Jeep ****