What Intercooler and CAI for MPT Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My opinion is that the stock location sucks for an IC - it's too small an area. Rull Race is the largest and has the best placement.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagner instructions do suck, however it is not that bad to install. I did mine in the garage on its wheels no lifting needed. Just basic hand tools. I took photos as well. Other than moving a few things and using new upper brackets its pretty much the same as any other stock mount intercooler. It it also probably the largest stock mount as well.
It still retains the puller fans as well.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did not know that CBR had designed an intercooler for SVC. Looks like a very nice piece.

I have a CBR radiator in my Gen 1. High quality for sure.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion is that the stock location sucks for an IC - it's too small an area. Rull Race is the largest and has the best placement.

The stock location dumps the heat off under the radiator and away from the engine bay, allows for shutters during extreme cold ops and can be quickly cleaned out by popping the cover off. It’s not a bad location really.

Even with a Whipple IC I am starting to see power drop off as the temps came up from 50/60s to 75-80 range, so yes bigger is likely always better.

I am super happy with my Whipple however to do over Id probably go MPT, bumper, winch and relocate IC. 10 more degrees to go until summer. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk