Cobb accessport or MPT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoses77

Reaction score
I am trying to weigh the pros and cons to the Cobb Accessport and MPT tune. One paper it looks like MPT makes more power to an unmodified truck, CAI only. It is also quite a bit cheaper. Is it cheaper for a reason? I am not really planning on adding too much in the way of mods to my 2017 and am leaning towards the MPT tune. AM I going to regret it?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have not read the Goosetuned threads (many) you are wasting everyone's time including your own.

...for power I only have Goosetuned (Accessport) 91 oct stage 2 ECU/TCM tune/CVF intercooler/AEM drop in filter. Sometimes it's not always about the numbers. I'd go Goose again even IF it were 20-30 whp down from everyone else's "numbers".

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jmoses77

Reaction score
I have read through some of the threads about Goosetuned. Not all of it. I guess when it comes down to it is it worth double the price? I know that there are tons and tons of positive reviews for Goosetuned and I am sure that they are well deserved. Price is a factor here though and i guess I just want opinion through experience as to whether there is that much of a difference.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read through some of the threads about Goosetuned. Not all of it. I guess when it comes down to it is it worth double the price?

Price is a factor here though and i guess I just want opinion through experience as to whether there is that much of a difference.
I would say yes and yes. First, Basically you will get “forever” support with Goosetuned.

Second, with the access port, you get so much more than just a tune. Plus, you can swap back-and-forth tunes as needed. Say, hot rod tune, towing tune, back to stock going to the $tealership tune. In addition you get diagnostic ability, SHlT tons of gauges you can monitor, accelerometer to include 0 to 60, 60 to 0, so on and so forth.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The old adage of picking two of the options come to play here:
Cheap, Fast and Reliable.

I have a stock Gen 2, but speaking from former experience in having many vehicles tuned, I would pay thousands more for a great tune upfront.
If Goose is indeed the best, or one of, I would pay double over another tuners price.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The thing with Goose is you get to communicate directly with a person and the product he uses, CobbAccessport, is a MUCH better product. It is SOOOO much faster to just get programming done with. A long time ago before Goose I had a SCT and man it was so slow to use, I mean 10 minutes just to apply a change, with a CObb you can almost do it at a stoplight (please don't).