What I like the most about my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see them all the time at home (Outside Detroit). And Silver seems to be the popular color. On my trip down here to Navarre / Pensacola I only saw one Raptor... that was in Chattanooga. I saw just as many H1s on the road as I did Raptors. The country folk in KY were funny when we stopped for gas. They had to show me how cool their mustang was and did a burn out down the road... shortly followed by the cops. OOOps

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao, I'm not THAT far north sheesh!

There are a few raptors running around here. Even a velociraptor.

Just no one I know.

One of these days I'm headin down to Texas.

-Sent from my iPhone

Come on there are plenty of them around my area.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I love it when the other guy who thinks he has a bad ass Rig looks over at the Raptor like HOLLY SHIT!!!!! :)

I love it when someone in a Dodge or Chevy pulls up next to me rolls down their window and tells me how badass my truck is.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just took a road trip from chicago to ft. myers FL (still in FL) ive seen 2 Raptors in chicago in my neighborhood, and whenever i stop rarely do people takes a second look at my truck. But here in FL ive gotten tons of looks, 2 people have stopped to tell me my truck looks awesome and had 2 dodges try and race me lol. but i did not see one other Raptor on my trip....

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my Raptor for capability. What I like best about it is that it'll go freaking ANYWHERE. I also like giving my free Ford Raptor Briefing to people in shopping center parking lots, apartment parking lots, and church parking lots to people who randomly walk up and want to know about it.

What I like least about my Raptor is that it has the strange cosmic power to make people ask the same stupid question, "Gosh, what's your gas mileage like?" To which my standard answer is, "What a peculiar question! Who buys a truck - any truck - for fuel economy?" And this exchange, of course, abruptly ends the free Ford Raptor Briefing!

oliver1539

Reaction score
I see them all the time at home (Outside Detroit). And Silver seems to be the popular color. On my trip down here to Navarre / Pensacola I only saw one Raptor... that was in Chattanooga. I saw just as many H1s on the road as I did Raptors. The country folk in KY were funny when we stopped for gas. They had to show me how cool their mustang was and did a burn out down the road... shortly followed by the cops. OOOps

Ha, I live in Ky. and yes there are lots of mustangs. We get so many looks when we drive the Raptor its almost funny! Last week there were a couple guys hanging out of the car taking pics with their cell phones.....it gets as much or more attention than our Shelby GT 500. I love this truck!!!!:peace:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No kidding about the free Ford Raptor Briefing. I got pulled over on my Army post by a civilian Department of the Army police officer for exiting through the gate at an excessive rate of speed just a month ago. I kept my hands on the steering wheel so she could see them until she was at the window, called her ma'am, and promised not to do it again. She wrote me a warning instead of a ticket and said, "This is some truck!" Before it was over I had the hood up and was showing her how accessible the sparkplugs are, etc. Rather amazing.

getpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be nice if I get one. There is another guy in my town with a white SCab, but I'm not sure if its even a 6.2L.

Probably just the best deal available on the truck he thought would be bad-ass.

I on the other hand am going to try to go for a SCrew with almost everything except for all of those cameras and sunroof. I've had a sunroof before on a 2004 F150. Didnt ever use it. As for the cameras-I'm a truck driver. Dont need cameras at work, dont need them on the way home either. Dont need Nav. Might affect resale, but I know where I'm going, and that lit up screen is going to be a huge distraction.

The one problem that I might face is the guy that owns a landscaping business right down from where I work. He has a bunch of Roush vehicles, including trucks, he has a GT-500, and a couple of Ford Racing F150s. The trucks are work trucks that his workers drive all day to do their jobs.

This tells me he has money. I honestly dont know why there already isnt a raptor sitting down the street from my yard everyday. Something tells me its either coming soon, or after I start daily driving one that it wont be far off.

Other than that, the only other one that Ive seen off of a dealer lot is the owner of a construction company that my last job used to repair tools for. His was his work truck.

I guess I see more than you others see around. The white one in town I see pretty much everyday, but I doubt he sees anymore than the one that he has.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just took a road trip from chicago to ft. myers FL (still in FL) ive seen 2 Raptors in chicago in my neighborhood, and whenever i stop rarely do people takes a second look at my truck. But here in FL ive gotten tons of looks, 2 people have stopped to tell me my truck looks awesome and had 2 dodges try and race me lol. but i did not see one other Raptor on my trip....

We might have met up if you were on I-55 south outside of springfield...