What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal993

Reaction score
I put Kilmat on the entire rear of the cab bottom to the window. Having done both front doors with Block-Off Plates, now I can clearly hear road noise and it is obvious that it's from the rear doors... hahahaha... they are next!

I'll probably do the floor at some point, but not anytime soon. The carpet/pad is actually pretty thick and decently dense.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Kilmat on the entire rear of the cab bottom to the window. Having done both front doors with Block-Off Plates, now I can clearly hear road noise and it is obvious that it's from the rear doors... hahahaha... they are next!

I'll probably do the floor at some point, but not anytime soon. The carpet/pad is actually pretty thick and decently dense.

I just finished putting the dynamat and blockoff plates on all four doors, the rear wall is going to be my next project. About how many square feet did you need for that area? TIA

Hal993

Reaction score
I just finished putting the dynamat and blockoff plates on all four doors, the rear wall is going to be my next project. About how many square feet did you need for that area? TIA
So.. TBH, I don't know. Kilmat is 10"x16" sheets. I (think I) used 7 vertical from bottom to top, and then 4 horizontal across the top? so 11 pieces did the whole rear wall - obviously the top row is cut down to about 6"x16".

haha... so now I do know... I THINK 12.2sq ft.

(2) 35sq ft Killmat boxes did my son's whole trunk and rear decklid.. with a lot of double coverage, my Raptor front two doors and whole rear wall. I am hopeful to get (1) of the rear doors out of the last few whole pieces.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.. TBH, I don't know. Kilmat is 10"x16" sheets. I (think I) used 7 vertical from bottom to top, and then 4 horizontal across the top? so 11 pieces did the whole rear wall - obviously the top row is cut down to about 6"x16".

haha... so now I do know... I THINK 12.2sq ft.

(2) 35sq ft Killmat boxes did my son's whole trunk and rear decklid.. with a lot of double coverage, my Raptor front two doors and whole rear wall. I am hopeful to get (1) of the rear doors out of the last few whole pieces.
I used every bit of a 36 Sq ft box doing the four doors, the first two doors could have used a bit more, I'm happy with the outcome of that and the Block-Off Plates.
Did you wrap the sub woofer? I've read about that and will do it the same time as the back wall

Hal993

Reaction score
I used every bit of a 36 Sq ft box doing the four doors, the first two doors could have used a bit more, I'm happy with the outcome of that and the Block-Off Plates.
Did you wrap the sub woofer? I've read about that and will do it the same time as the back wall
I did not wrap the subwoofer! Let me know how it goes, as that would be a relatively easy thing to do. BTW... I probably do not do as "complete" a job as most will. I do my best to cover the panels (interior and exterior for doors), but coverage is not 100%. If I get to a difficult spot, I aim to reduce resonance (tap method) and move on.