What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@nikhsub1 did you get the more expensive stainless pipes? Thoughts on em yet or too soon?
So I have some seat time with them. Let me preface this with I have been getting a P0420 code for a long time. 95% chance of a bad cat. When I took it to a dealer here in LA they said it was probably due to my intake and intercooler :rolleyes:and that I'd have better luck trying to **** a donkey than having them look at this under warranty. Anyhow, these new DPs are very nice, vband clamp ensures no leak where the pipes connect. They bolt up with NO TURBO ADAPTER for the largest opening possible from turbo to down pipe. They fit perfectly and don't hang low like the other version of their DPs. Sound is definitely more aggressive and more rasp when you get on it. Can definitely hear the turbo more and seems to spool quicker - my butt dyno says yeah, a bit more oomph but could also be the audible sound that is tickling my butt. Honestly DP's were never gonna be a thing for me since there are minimal gains on this platform with them but there were a few circumstances that led to my getting them. As mentioned, the bad cat in the OEM DP, second, by business partner who also has a raptor said "Hey, I want these DP's and if you want them, we'll have the company get them". Okay... so here I am. This is the only mod (besides the roof wrap) that I didn't do myself. Didn't want the hassle of pulling the studs etc on my back, in the driveway.

So far no CEL so that is good. Would I recommend? Well, I'd say that if one is hell bent on getting DP's you'd really be hard pressed to find a better setup than these new SPD pipes. Sadly I didn't snap any pics before they went on the truck but they looked like jewelry to me :D

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
?? You putting a PC in there or something?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
got the ol girl back from the wrap shop today. it's a burgundy/black iridescent sparkly color with silver pressed carbon on the bottom following the body lines.

EbrYx49.jpg
CuuabKf.jpg
A1kVt2e.jpg

I also ordered a built ecoboost. it will be good for about 1050hp to the wheels ( coupled with some "soon to be released" garrett turbos that are due in April).

Teaser:

dWfrPz9.jpg

forged internals, some head work and a few bits being borrowed from the Ford GT parts bin.

Monday, I'm off to Texas Motorworks for new wheels/tires and a few other odds and ends.

I'll be in Baja Friday morning with ExO, bright and early. really stoked to get back out in the dirt with my homies.