What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to wiring up my BD lights. Driving/combo, SAE and S1. Curious for those that have the same setup, how do you have them aimed?

157164310_10110177435070605_2144123046130815255_o.jpg

157405259_10110177435739265_8668022720095261983_o.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well technically an anti-roll bar for the rear. Hellwig makes the kit to fit a 1" bar on the Raptor. It increases the rear roll stiffness which makes the truck corner flatter, the truck understeers less, and ultimate cornering grip is enhanced. Mostly a street rod setup, but yes it helps with high-speed off-road handling. Not so much for rock crawling.

So I'm pretty well versed in going BOTH left and right but NOT with a fixed axle. Is it actually "removing" understeer, or in reality masking it with more oversteer? Not trying to be a Debby Downer, but it's a legit question. You may really need to induce more rotation with what you are doing. I'm just questioning "ultimate cornering grip is enhanced" vs a "feel". Your Focus RS comes to mind as a possible example of my thinking. This is also my first "performance" truck and I'm learning things are a little different.

As to the thread, I shattered a bone in my left foot into 7 peices (motorcycle very low speed maneuvers). So today all I did was drive my Raptor and wish I could stand long enough to wash it! Poor thing still has grit all over it from the Texaspocalypse!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Dang Zeus, sounds like you did a number on your foot! Hope that gets better quickly. As for the understeer/oversteer there is a balancing act between reducing understeer and promoting oversteer. That said, conventional thinking says more rear bar = more oversteer, etc. In practice, depending on the real reason for the original understeer, a larger rear bar can indeed reduce understeer while not affecting oversteer hardly at all, if any. The Raptor already has a decent front bar, so a reasonable rear bar should help with the understeer by slowing and reducing body roll and the accompanying loss of front camber associated with the body roll. For now I'm just adding the rear bar to see what happens. The Raptor isn't really a cornering vehicle, but it does quite well for such a vehicle. A little improvement is always a good thing when running 100+ on a narrow, twisty backroad...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm pretty well versed in going BOTH left and right but NOT with a fixed axle. Is it actually "removing" understeer, or in reality masking it with more oversteer? Not trying to be a Debby Downer, but it's a legit question. You may really need to induce more rotation with what you are doing. I'm just questioning "ultimate cornering grip is enhanced" vs a "feel". Your Focus RS comes to mind as a possible example of my thinking. This is also my first "performance" truck and I'm learning things are a little different.

As to the thread, I shattered a bone in my left foot into 7 peices (motorcycle very low speed maneuvers). So today all I did was drive my Raptor and wish I could stand long enough to wash it! Poor thing still has grit all over it from the Texaspocalypse!
Dang Zeus, sounds like you did a number on your foot! Hope that gets better quickly. As for the understeer/oversteer there is a balancing act between reducing understeer and promoting oversteer. That said, conventional thinking says more rear bar = more oversteer, etc. In practice, depending on the real reason for the original understeer, a larger rear bar can indeed reduce understeer while not affecting oversteer hardly at all, if any. The Raptor already has a decent front bar, so a reasonable rear bar should help with the understeer by slowing and reducing body roll and the accompanying loss of front camber associated with the body roll. For now I'm just adding the rear bar to see what happens. The Raptor isn't really a cornering vehicle, but it does quite well for such a vehicle. A little improvement is always a good thing when running 100+ on a narrow, twisty backroad...
nah, dont give him no sympathy. admit it, you were giving a *******

in all seriousness, hope your foot heals quickly

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL... thank you both. Wait til Oldfart gets here!

TwizzleStix, my thought process or feeble mind was ignoring the basics while trying to visualize how the bar would effect the rear contact patch. As there is no change in mechanical camber (can't it's fixed) even though there is on the contact patch due to tilting of the whole axle assembly. Posted at 8:58pm my time. I'm supposed to be in bed by 9PM at this age anyway. And now it's much later still.