What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never really paid attention to Plasti-Dip before 6 months ago, used it on a home project. Very impressed, great invention. I hope the guy who invented this stuff is rich and chilling on an exotic island somewhere.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can find the pastidip on my raptor from the pictures I've posted in the past, I'll give you $1000. No hard feelings here, just don't look down your nose at ideas and logical substantiation of said ideas and all will be right with the universe. :cool:
Never met such a passionate hack before.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never met such a ******* poser before.

I'm sure the most dirt use you'll encounter is parking in the grass at cars and coffee, therefore your opinion is invalid.

:GetMoney:
Sensitive one too.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Zombiekiller has forgotten more about off-road stuff than most of us on here ever knew. I consider myself reasonably skilled in off-roading (not desert racing), but his knowledge on how things work off road makes me look like an amateur in comparison. His build is extremely impressive. So please cut him some slack.

Everyone on this forum uses their Raptor differently. Some are pavement princesses with really shinny paint and show car looks. Some (Zombiekiller) are super hard core off road. Some are like me, like a good looking truck and take care of it, but go off road and don't get bent out of shape with some trial stripping. When you ask an opinion on this forum, you will get replies for some in all those groups. Take the information and make your decision based on how you use your truck.

My 2 cents, which is what it is worth.

ShadowRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is only the one bracket on the side of the battery box holding it in place and that box is made of plastic, I believe that will snap off and fly around your bed the first aggressive off-roading you do.

Actually, it was getting late last night, so I was only able to put one.
But, I did add an extra brace this morning. Also if you look at the first and 2nd pic thats heavy duty L bracket, and on the back/ inside are metal brace. I also use grade 8 bolts.
Anyway, today I added a battery monitor, to keep an eye on the 2nd battery.

FBE100B5-6E77-4CCE-93CC-2193BB3E18F2.jpeg

2AE7722B-7B5F-4D3C-A720-AC90DA9CB232.jpeg

CE7EC06D-7A9E-425E-A80E-6589B54355D3.jpeg

A0E36142-8953-4655-BCCE-EBE5FE6417BE.jpeg

55A559D5-8782-4DF6-9085-0049B5D8773A.jpeg

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Raptor, 1st post to the forum...2020 SCREW 802A purchased year-end.

What did I do today? I did a few laps jumping and clearing the RR tracks on Shepherd Dr, Houston in Baja mode while laughing like a hyena.

Looking for black wheels and trying to keep everything stock (as engineered by FOMOCO), so getting a quote for powder coating stockers tomorrow. Shop in Houston said they, break-down, prep, powder coat, re-mount and balance with warranty and it seems to be about half the cost of after-market w/similar specs.

Before and after photo editing...I think it'll look pretty good.

Im going Powder coat too. Shop near me will do it for $125 per wheel. That's a no brainer alternative to a new set of wheels, I can afford it, so its getting done.
No Plasti-dip for this kid, its below me.

Heres a guy who did it on a leadfoot Raptor, looks awesome!!!!! Fast forward to 5:00.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going Powder coat too. Shop near me will do it for $125 per wheel. That's a no brainer alternative to a new set of wheels, I can afford it, so its getting done.
No Plasti-dip for this kid, its below me.

Heres a guy who did it on a leadfoot Raptor, looks awesome!!!!! Fast forward to 5:00.

Wow, that does look good! You think he's leveled?