What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott McLeod

Reaction score
1st Raptor, 1st post to the forum...2020 SCREW 802A purchased year-end.

What did I do today? I did a few laps jumping and clearing the RR tracks on Shepherd Dr, Houston in Baja mode while laughing like a hyena.

Looking for black wheels and trying to keep everything stock (as engineered by FOMOCO), so getting a quote for powder coating stockers tomorrow. Shop in Houston said they, break-down, prep, powder coat, re-mount and balance with warranty and it seems to be about half the cost of after-market w/similar specs.

Before and after photo editing...I think it'll look pretty good.LeadFootSilverWheels.jpegLeadFootBlackWheels.jpg

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st Raptor, 1st post to the forum...2020 SCREW 802A purchased year-end.

What did I do today? I did a few laps jumping and clearing the RR tracks on Shepherd Dr, Houston in Baja mode while laughing like a hyena.

Looking for black wheels and trying to keep everything stock (as engineered by FOMOCO), so getting a quote for powder coating stockers tomorrow. Shop in Houston said they, break-down, prep, powder coat, re-mount and balance with warranty and it seems to be about half the cost of after-market w/similar specs.

Before and after photo editing...I think it'll look pretty good.View attachment 135226View attachment 135227
Keeping stock is absolutely no fun

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Plasti Dip is for green wheels on early 2000s Hondas. Not for $60k+ trucks.

know how I know that you haven't accepted that regardless of cost, offroad trucks get knicks, cuts, gouges, pinstripes, etc on them?

If you powder coat a wheel, once the finish is compromised, you pay to refinish it again.

If you just plastidip the wheels black, touchups are $2.99. The plastidip will also protect the factory finish, and powerwashes off in 5 mins.

Not sure who you're trying to impress with " inexpensive solutions are for hondas", but I think you're a little too wrapped up in what other people think. A little short-sighted if you ask me.

Then again you probably feel that fixing a " 60+K truck" with zip ties, hose clamps and/or duct tape is blasphemy too. Guess what? AAA doesn't have tow coverage in the middle of the wilderness. Every $750K prerunner that I've ever seen has zip ties and duct tape on board. Plastidip makes for an excellent insulation product for wire chafes too.

That high horse that you're on? its knees look a bit wobbly.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
know how I know that you haven't accepted that regardless of cost, offroad trucks get knicks, cuts, gouges, pinstripes, etc on them?

If you powder coat a wheel, once the finish is compromised, you pay to refinish it again.

If you just plastidip the wheels black, touchups are $2.99. The plastidip will also protect the factory finish, and powerwashes off in 5 mins.

Not sure who you're trying to impress with " inexpensive solutions are for hondas", but I think you're a little too wrapped up in what other people think. A little short-sighted if you ask me.

Then again you probably feel that fixing a " 60+K truck" with zip ties, hose clamps and/or duct tape is blasphemy too. Guess what? AAA doesn't have tow coverage in the middle of the wilderness. Every $750K prerunner that I've ever seen has zip ties and duct tape on board. Plastidip makes for an excellent insulation product for wire chafes too.

That high horse that you're on? its knees look a bit wobbly.
Lol