What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some of the beginner mods today.
49336607506_4d6e9d0fae_b.jpg

The Old and Busted
49336139563_5828a0305b_b.jpg

The New Hotness ;)
49336825892_fb03d91dea_b.jpg

The Seven Sparta knock off
49336826027_8b7f1ec1b4_b.jpg

I know the Seven Sparta is a knock off of BuiltRight but it’s feels also solidly built and only costs a few bucks. Now the question becomes, what do I do with that space behind the seat?

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some of the beginner mods today.
49336607506_4d6e9d0fae_b.jpg

The Old and Busted
49336139563_5828a0305b_b.jpg

The New Hotness ;)
49336825892_fb03d91dea_b.jpg

The Seven Sparta knock off
49336826027_8b7f1ec1b4_b.jpg

I know the Seven Sparta is a knock off of BuiltRight but it’s feels also solidly built and only costs a few bucks. Now the question becomes, what do I do with that space behind the seat?
No idea what to do w the seat spade barely any room lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the bed, with a battery case. I’m still in the process of getting it secured/ mounted to the bed near the right side 2nd (smaller) Builtright panel.
Now I'm getting curious about this. Did you consider installing both batteries in the bed? I'm thinking weight balance, which might be totally the domain of the sportscar/hotrod thoughts not a ~3 ton truck.

That said when I relocated the battery from the radiator-support to the trunk of my hotrod I used a zero-gauge wire (heard they are sometimes called "welders") to the front of the car. Of course I'll be putting full current through there in all cases.

ShadowRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm getting curious about this. Did you consider installing both batteries in the bed? I'm thinking weight balance, which might be totally the domain of the sportscar/hotrod thoughts not a ~3 ton truck.

That said when I relocated the battery from the radiator-support to the trunk of my hotrod I used a zero-gauge wire (heard they are sometimes called "welders") to the front of the car. Of course I'll be putting full current through there in all cases.

I left the stock batt in its location, ran the 7 awg wire from the charger/ isolator to the 2nd AGM battery in the bed. (added circuit breakers to and from both batteries as a safety precaution) I placed both the 2nd batt and ARB twin compressor on the passenger side bed. I guess it might help even out the weight with the fuel tank on the drivers side.
Still in progress, as I’m in the process of adding a marine solar charger and 12volt controller/ monitor.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
know how I know that you haven't accepted that regardless of cost, offroad trucks get knicks, cuts, gouges, pinstripes, etc on them?
I agree with all you posted but...not all Raptors qualify (in my mind) as offroad trucks. Many MANY of them never see a poorly-paved parking lot nor a blade of grass except for the photoshoot.