What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up on my cousins Raptor exhaust, rear bumper and Dp build he is currently in the military and I just got those videos from the builder no info yet on the material and sizes yet ill be visiting him this weekend.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really don't want to ever combine the exhaust from each turbo. X pipes, Y pipes, H pipes they are all garbage for turbo applications. Where the 2 pipes go to one then go back to two, huge restriction and will be a detriment to power. I'd have it redone.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really don't want to ever combine the exhaust from each turbo. X pipes, Y pipes, H pipes they are all garbage for turbo applications. Where the 2 pipes go to one then go back to two, huge restriction and will be a detriment to power. I'd have it redone.

You might be right but here is my take and specially on the power this truck had an engine failure pre having this setup installed after the the engine got replaced the truck went for Dp,Ic and a exhaust and the result were amazing the truck was super fast comparing to my truck but I am not sure thought is it of the new setup or the new engine they both will comprise in a way. I hated my truck that day.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
uh, all of the exhausts go from two pipes to merging at the resonator, to splitting again. ( the EcoBoost likes a little bit of backpressure and actually makes a little more power with it.

however, I'm not clear on why you'd merge the pipes over and over again.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uh, all of the exhausts go from two pipes to merging at the resonator, to splitting again. ( the EcoBoost likes a little bit of backpressure and actually makes a little more power with it.

however, I'm not clear on why you'd merge the pipes over and over again.

(As per the builder) In turbo charge engines the gas exists directly to the turbine to rotate the wheels and exists out again any back pressure from the exhuast will slow the spooling of the turbine wheel and that less power and more heat and accordingly it’s more restriction to the engine because the engine is creating the gas.

Maybe back pressure is needed in naturally aspirated engines. But not turbo engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
(As per the builder) In turbo charge engines the gas exists directly to the turbine to rotate the wheels and exists out again any back pressure from the exhuast will slow the spooling of the turbine wheel and that less power and more heat and accordingly it’s more restriction to the engine because the engine is creating the gas.

Maybe back pressure is needed in naturally aspirated engines. But not turbo engines.

normally, that is true. On these specific motors, they make more power with 2.75" exhaust vs 3" exhaust. ( roughly 10-15hp) They actually like a little backpressure.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This is correct. A turbine is a turbine. the raptor doesn't have some magical special turbine.

The best exhaust for a turbo car is nothing after the turbine housing.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normally, that is true. On these specific motors, they make more power with 2.75" exhaust vs 3" exhaust. ( roughly 10-15hp) They actually like a little backpressure.

Got you and what your saying is true I have read it somewhere but the power delivery on this truck is amazing after the exhaust and intercooler based on tube and fin the one o have now is a big no for me as I got overheating again and it blocking my radiator.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is correct. A turbine is a turbine. the raptor doesn't have some magical special turbine.

The best exhaust for a turbo car is nothing after the turbine housing.
The truck performance is great but I’ll have to test more and give you feedback or it.