What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! I’m considering that setup too. Did it all fit together pretty good? Write an update once you’ve used them for a bit please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everything fit fine, it is a nice setup and the coating on the rotors is awesome.

Everything feels great and the pads grab nicely! I couldn't be happier.

The stock rotors were VERY fused to the hub though, I used a nut/bolt through the caliper mounting hole to press them off. A sledgehammer and a torch didn't touch them.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I haven't driven the truck yet it was only a 10 mile trip to home, But I will be trying it this week and give some feedback. I was running a 20 inch onx bar which covered the whole surface area of the inter cooler vent plus having an overheat problem so I am trying to sort it out the best way I can. My Full Race radiator is shipped and I ll be receiving it soon, lets see if that sorts my problem ,if not I will be going with the CVF IC and the game never ends!!!!
I attached some before and after picture to see the difference.
View attachment 132336 View attachment 132337
if you need maximum air flow, you could use thos brackets and put the light bar on the same hoops that you have those LPs.

it shouldn't block much, if any airflow at all, if you do it.

I still need to figure out which spal fans will work on my truck. I've been avoiding switching to LP6s on it due to airflow, but maybe one the LP4s come out, I'll see if they are worth the upgrade.

Johnfaeglasgow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything fit fine, it is a nice setup and the coating on the rotors is awesome.

Everything feels great and the pads grab nicely! I couldn't be happier.

The stock rotors were VERY fused to the hub though, I used a nut/bolt through the caliper mounting hole to press them off. A sledgehammer and a torch didn't touch them.
Eek! I’ve only got about 9,000 miles, and the truck hasn’t seen rain or mud yet, so hopefully I won’t have that to deal with...

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eek! I’ve only got about 9,000 miles, and the truck hasn’t seen rain or mud yet, so hopefully I won’t have that to deal with...

Well, I live in a rural area with lots of snow, 55k miles on the truck, and the wheels have been submerged.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did the install yourself, How long did it take to install the suspension upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you did the install yourself, How long did it take to install the suspension upgrade?

for the front i’d say 2 hours per side and the rears an hour each. That’s being generous with time and going slow. The rears are really simple though.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it rides compared to factory

The real test for me will be when I can get it off road. So far, the on road characteristics are excellent. I would describe as smoother and more planted than stock.

I normally do my own mods when possible, but had a local and trusted shop take care of this one. For the full front and rear 3.0 install they charged me 3 hours of labor @ $98 an hour plus another $150 for an alignment.

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, sounds like I could handle that in the driveway over the weekend.