What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly what I am about to do. How was the install? Any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hardest part on my truck were the 3 shock tower bolts. The passenger side was a serious PITA as there was barely any room. For the lower shock bolt use a breaker bar with a jack handle to get even more leverage, you don’t need to hold the bolt to break it loose. Lastly, be very mindful of the abs sensor wire, it runs back near where the UCA bolts are - if you aren’t careful you can get it caught behind the UCA bolt and sever the wire. Ask me how I know [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to remove my 20 inch onx because I wanted more airflow to the IC so I replaced it with 2 lp6’s and the KC mount was the perfect solution instead of welding on a new bar for the mounts.IMG_3505.jpgIMG_3506.jpg

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to remove my 20 inch onx because I wanted more airflow to the IC so I replaced it with 2 lp6’s and the KC mount was the perfect solution instead of welding on a new bar for the mounts.

Does that improve the airflow to the IC? Someone asked me about that very thing when I mounted the 10” bar in my lower grill. It is less surface area than a license plate that Ford mounts there so not concerned. Those LPs aren’t exactly small either, albeit smaller than the LP9s. Obviously there are a lot of trucks with even multiple pairs of them mounted but you never know what issues they may have.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that improve the airflow to the IC? Someone asked me about that very thing when I mounted the 10” bar in my lower grill. It is less surface area than a license plate that Ford mounts there so not concerned. Those LPs aren’t exactly small either, albeit smaller than the LP9s. Obviously there are a lot of trucks with even multiple pairs of them mounted but you never know what issues they may have.

I haven't driven the truck yet it was only a 10 mile trip to home, But I will be trying it this week and give some feedback. I was running a 20 inch onx bar which covered the whole surface area of the inter cooler vent plus having an overheat problem so I am trying to sort it out the best way I can. My Full Race radiator is shipped and I ll be receiving it soon, lets see if that sorts my problem ,if not I will be going with the CVF IC and the game never ends!!!!
I attached some before and after picture to see the difference.
rappy.jpg rappy2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts