What did ya pay…..MSRP, ADM Poll

POLL…..What did you PAY?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the chinavirus antics killed everything, it does seem like you gotta make financial decisions based on hunches rather any normal reasoning. It's all out the window. That goes for real estate, cars, baby formula, whatever.

I ordered back in December, supposed to be built this week. We'll see if it shows up and I can pay the agreed upon MSRP. In that time, my '18 Raptor is now over 100k miles. Had I paid the 8.5k ADM I was offered 4 months ago on a built order, I could have traded mine in for more if it was under 100k miles and avoided a couple price increases in the mean time.

One thing I figure, in the last 2 years, if you did nothing, you may have lost out. 10k ADM on a 63k truck may be a wet dream next year when the base is 80k. Doing nothing, letting a pile of money sit in the bank right now is a fools paradise. Hyperinflation is happening. Pay your money and take your chances.

What's right is wrong and what's wrong is right.
I thought I would wait for the dust to settle last year when I had my heart set on a CO 37 and could not find one under 80k. Now that hyperinflation has set in, it looks like I missed the better opportunity to buy… now I’m hoping for a “little crash” in the auto industry so I can perhaps pick up one(even used) in the 70s. I know it’s a pipe dream.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe lay off the negative criticism then. You have 380 post and never owned a Raptor? Offer help where you can but would you lighten up on the money management post? Thanks
You have to start somewhere ..right?
My point of view hasn’t changed since post 1 and will continue to be the same. I guess you’d like me more if I dropped my pants and paid $20k ADM.

See what I mean? Everything around ADM is just weird.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point of view hasn’t changed since post 1 and will continue to be the same. I guess you’d like me more if I dropped my pants and paid $20k ADM.

Not anymore. I wish it was the same as 2020 but the car shortage is real. I just sold my 1998 Jeep for 9800 last week. That’s nuts!! As I sold my 2000 TJ 11 years ago for $9700.
Either way we all know your position on ADM and it’s keeping you from buying a new Raptor. What is keeping you from buying a used one? Obviously you want one (or you really like talking to guys that do)

Attachments

• 41435B6D-7DC7-40E7-9C46-17E667D9A582.jpeg
    41435B6D-7DC7-40E7-9C46-17E667D9A582.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 662F7B18-0F5E-434E-A75C-65B3835CD444.jpeg
    662F7B18-0F5E-434E-A75C-65B3835CD444.jpeg
    353.3 KB · Views: 2

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not anymore. I wish it was the same as 2020 but the car shortage is real. I just sold my 1998 Jeep for 9800 last week. That’s nuts!! As I sold my 2000 TJ 11 years ago for $9700.
You do realize this won’t last forever right? Your argument is the same I’ve heard from others but this will pass. I’ll keep looking for MSRP because I know eventually I’ll find it. I’m in no rush and I have no need for a luxury truck. No one really does.

jajones45

Reaction score
You do realize this won’t last forever right? Your argument is the same I’ve heard from others but this will pass. I’ll keep looking for MSRP because I know eventually I’ll find it. I’m in no rush and I have no need for a luxury truck. No one really does.
You know how hyper inflation comes to an end? Prices don’t reverse, and very rarely do prices cross the inflection of their cost before inflation set in. Bond market tanked today and markets all agree that equities are oversold as you saw with the Dow. Doesn’t mean it will hold, but it will start the stabilization. Specific industries are already in a recession so by the time we have a few quarters at a GDP loss, then declare a true recession, many niches will already be recovering. Given the assets that are stressed today, the upper class will further separate from the lower middle and a what “may not last forever” will definitely last forever. The only difference is that you will have less month over month inflationary issues as prices stabilize and the new cost for all items normalizes to income levels.

No one needs a luxury truck but we all wanted or want one. We are all potentially in the 1%, and if anyone isn’t on this thread, maybe it’s time to reconsider the new Gen3 regardless of the price with or without an ADM. I spend less than 5% of my monthly gross on depreciating assets but that’s my one fiscal rule. A future Gen raptor will likely cost more and stabilize the used market. Or, I could be wrong, only about the truck, and take a bath when I realize how fickle I am and spend another ADM to get another luxury truck lol.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Msrp will continue to go up. So my 2013 Gen 1 I had was at a 57300 msrp. I believe it had every option that was offered. Same truck last year was ~68k and this year ~71k or something like that. Either way, next year, 2023 it will be 73k. So if you paid MSRP next year would you be happy at 73,000 MSRP or getting in the same truck for 68,000 and 5k ADM? Would you sleep better at night at MSRP just on principal? So Ford would have gotten all the extra money instead of the dealership getting a bigger cut.
Maybe the monkey pox will create another Covid like setting where you could get a good deal on a vehicle?? it’s really all a gamble.

Let me word it differently. If the 2023 Raptor MSRP for 80k but you found a deal for 73k would you feel like you hit the jackpot? That’s what they’re doing with the TRX right now the ignition edition MSRP was 93,000 but you can buy it for 88K. It’s all a numbers game. Just like the fireworks stand that says “buy one get five free” but when you go to pay you realize you’re really paying for six.
Think about it before you reply.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 14

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to mention the fact that all states keep keeping towards a $15 dollar an hr minimum wage. nothing is going all the way back to where it was for any long period of times. if anything we better get used to everything staying high after this is over. the government in the past 10-20 years have spent us to the brink and they need the tax revenue. this could turn out to be the biggest period of in our history of the biggest devaluation of money. they are doing it as much as they can. with higher prices. I.E everyone makes a little more but its not worth any more and low and behold. same percentage of taxes and more tax revenue because everyone is making more on paper but worse off because of what they can buy. they treat their long term debt like a mortgage. monthly note never change and they have more revenue to service that debt and then they can take on more debt. vicious cycle.

we are all screwed. I cant wait until I can save a bit more to retire to the Bahamas. sell the raptor, house and all the toys here and buy a boat, motorcycle and a house there and retire around 60.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does ADM =Market value ?
A 2018 like mine was worth 54k last May according to an NADA and KBB but it sold for 56. In December last year the book said 56,500 for the same truck but they were selling for 58k. The same truck(same package/miles) is selling for 61k but book is 59k. Book= MSRP
So guys that are paying ADM are paying market. My budget was less then 80k so I missed out but I guarantee if I need a truck and did not currently own a raptor, I would have expanded my budget. Maybe only Raptor owners will get it. I’m on this forum because I’m a raptor enthusiast and I’m a Raptor enthusiast because I want a Raptor.

You said “you have to start somewhere” well this many post into it, you start looking more like a troll. If you are a troll, own it then move on. If not, then keep the peace, as you do not have a dog in the hunt.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Fed would raise rates as aggressively as they need to, this wouldn’t stretch on. They acted tough with their .75 raise last week but we need post Carter inflation Fed right now to get back on board. And also open up the oil wells so we can get to an F-U position.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said “you have to start somewhere” well this many post into it, you start looking more like a troll. If you are a troll, own it then move on. If not, then keep the peace, as you do not have a dog in the hunt.
if you don’t like my comments hit the ignore button. “Keep the peace” ..ok father O’Malley. My opinion is my opinion and if it takes me 1000 posts before I get one then so be it. I’m not dropping my pants to join your team so get used to my opinion.