What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Went on the beach in Marina and played with my new 2 wheel drive locking differential! ******* awesome...and 4 feet of mud through the Artichoke fields..4 hours of pressure washing
Oh, my I guess I went to the wrong forum section! I thought I was in the Gen 1 section!!! WAIT A MINUTE I am in the right section and another Gen 2 owner that can't find the right section to post in. LOL guess it subliminal thought that they really wish they had gotten a Gen 1, can't blame them for that. :happy107:

mcbagpiper

Reaction score
After the family went to bed the other night I decided to brave the cold to install my newly received baja designs fog light kit from stage3. The kit is well designed and comes with everything needed for a relatively plug and play install. Should be a quick install I thought....but we all know the easy installs are the ones that sometimes cause issues. After mounting the lights, running the wires and connecting to the upfitter switches I stood back to admire the end result. The lights look great (even when they're off) and they provide great illumination of the ground - I went with wide cornering yellow for the outside pair and white driving/combo for the inner pair. Ready to call it a night I cleaned up my tools and got everything buttoned back up in the truck and under the hood then I hit the lock button on my remote before heading into the garage...but no signal flash or horn honk. I tried a few times and still no joy, so I figured maybe the battery in the remote had died, even though I had replaced it a few months ago when I purchased the truck. I went and grabbed the spare key and sure enough, it didn't work either...hmmm. I opened the door and everything appeared to be working properly, including the door locks and the keypad etc.

Since it was already late I pressed the lock button on the inside of the drivers door and then closed everything up and started to head inside figuring I would deal with it the next day...but I couldn't leave something broken and just go to bed, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep b/c I'd be running through troubleshooting in my head for the next hour so might as well stay and get it done. I unlocked the door with the key (first time in a while since I've used a physical key to unlock a vehicle!). No issues there, until I saw a countdown on the dash saying to avoid setting off the alarm I needed to start the truck! Needless to say at midnight I didn't want to let the alarm start going off so I quickly hopped in and started it up. The truck started fine, no issues reported on the dash...for whatever reason I just had two dead remotes.

Since the remote had been working only an hour before, I must have done something during the install. The wiring for the fogs is pretty much fool proof - the kit came with splitters and a pre-wired raptor specific connector for the accessory wires in the engine bay. It's just a matter of connecting the wire from the upfitter switch to the chosen accessory wire that runs into the engine bay. I went back through everything and couldn't find any obvious issues, and then just as I was putting the glovebox and access panel back together I saw it...a small bundle of wires right by the access panel door had been nicked. To avoid folding up like a pretzel under the glove box in sub zero temps I had done all of my wiring through the side access panel, which although more convenient didn't provide much room for tools, lights and hands. I must have caught this bundle of small wires in the handle of my wire strippers and crushed them without noticing when crimping my fog light connection.

It turns out the antenna/receiver for the keyless remote is right above the glove compartment opening and it plugs into the TPMS sensor module which is located to the right side of the dash, just above the vent tube which leads to the passenger door (i.e. right beside the access panel opening). When I carefully pulled back the cover on the crushed wires I saw it was a bundle of 4 very thin wires, each of which were still intact, but had been nicked and exposed. After repairing each wire and then re-wrapping the bundle I assumed all would be well. I stood back, pushed the lock button on the remote and...still no joy.

I opened the owners manual and started looking at the fuse guide, assuming it must have caused a short when the wires were exposed and it was probably something in the passenger footwell fuse box. Couldn't find anything that fit the right description in the manual, my best guess was the "radio frequency module" (spot 26). Sure enough, the 5amp fuse had popped when the wires were exposed, so I replaced with a spare and started up the truck to cycle the system. That finally did the trick and the remote was working again!

So, all that to say - the lights were really easy to install and the kit included everything required - highly recommend. Just take your time or a 1hr install can become a 2hr troubleshooting session before you know it!

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the family went to bed the other night I decided to brave the cold to install my newly received baja designs fog light kit from stage3. The kit is well designed and comes with everything needed for a relatively plug and play install. Should be a quick install I thought....but we all know the easy installs are the ones that sometimes cause issues. After mounting the lights, running the wires and connecting to the upfitter switches I stood back to admire the end result. The lights look great (even when they're off) and they provide great illumination of the ground - I went with wide cornering yellow for the outside pair and white driving/combo for the inner pair. Ready to call it a night I cleaned up my tools and got everything buttoned back up in the truck and under the hood then I hit the lock button on my remote before heading into the garage...but no signal flash or horn honk. I tried a few times and still no joy, so I figured maybe the battery in the remote had died, even though I had replaced it a few months ago when I purchased the truck. I went and grabbed the spare key and sure enough, it didn't work either...hmmm. I opened the door and everything appeared to be working properly, including the door locks and the keypad etc.

Since it was already late I pressed the lock button on the inside of the drivers door and then closed everything up and started to head inside figuring I would deal with it the next day...but I couldn't leave something broken and just go to bed, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep b/c I'd be running through troubleshooting in my head for the next hour so might as well stay and get it done. I unlocked the door with the key (first time in a while since I've used a physical key to unlock a vehicle!). No issues there, until I saw a countdown on the dash saying to avoid setting off the alarm I needed to start the truck! Needless to say at midnight I didn't want to let the alarm start going off so I quickly hopped in and started it up. The truck started fine, no issues reported on the dash...for whatever reason I just had two dead remotes.

Since the remote had been working only an hour before, I must have done something during the install. The wiring for the fogs is pretty much fool proof - the kit came with splitters and a pre-wired raptor specific connector for the accessory wires in the engine bay. It's just a matter of connecting the wire from the upfitter switch to the chosen accessory wire that runs into the engine bay. I went back through everything and couldn't find any obvious issues, and then just as I was putting the glovebox and access panel back together I saw it...a small bundle of wires right by the access panel door had been nicked. To avoid folding up like a pretzel under the glove box in sub zero temps I had done all of my wiring through the side access panel, which although more convenient didn't provide much room for tools, lights and hands. I must have caught this bundle of small wires in the handle of my wire strippers and crushed them without noticing when crimping my fog light connection.

It turns out the antenna/receiver for the keyless remote is right above the glove compartment opening and it plugs into the TPMS sensor module which is located to the right side of the dash, just above the vent tube which leads to the passenger door (i.e. right beside the access panel opening). When I carefully pulled back the cover on the crushed wires I saw it was a bundle of 4 very thin wires, each of which were still intact, but had been nicked and exposed. After repairing each wire and then re-wrapping the bundle I assumed all would be well. I stood back, pushed the lock button on the remote and...still no joy.

I opened the owners manual and started looking at the fuse guide, assuming it must have caused a short when the wires were exposed and it was probably something in the passenger footwell fuse box. Couldn't find anything that fit the right description in the manual, my best guess was the "radio frequency module" (spot 26). Sure enough, the 5amp fuse had popped when the wires were exposed, so I replaced with a spare and started up the truck to cycle the system. That finally did the trick and the remote was working again!

So, all that to say - the lights were really easy to install and the kit included everything required - highly recommend. Just take your time or a 1hr install can become a 2hr troubleshooting session before you know it!
Wow, sounds like when I do something. Post up a picture of those sweet lights!

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some bday money i havent used yet and it’s bugging me lol.

Baja s1 amber wide corner + s1 spots a good combo? Probably the most i can afford to spend on lights.
Message the BD guys on here. They have a scratch and dent posting with lights for sale. Most of them are in good condition