What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's with the nuts and bolts, if it's welded on there, maybe I don't understand the process much, I'm guessing it's to drop the 3rd member out.
It’s to tie the axle tubes to the cast pumpkin. Since you can’t (you shouldn’t anyway) weld to cast material the bolts secure the welded truss to the cast area. That being said, the truss was made for a 8.8 with a modified vent tube / hard line relocation. I chose to modify the actual truss and leave my hard lines in their original location. Cycled suspension and found no binding issues.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked the oil in my 130k truck.

3500 miles including an XC trip to Colorado averaging over 80mph.

pretty much zero oil consumption.

if the valve springs hold up, this sucker shows every sign of doing 200k.

at the end of the day, there is something to be said for a big, under stressed V-8 under the hood.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
checked the oil in my 130k truck.

3500 miles including an XC trip to Colorado averaging over 80mph.

pretty much zero oil consumption.

if the valve springs hold up, this sucker shows every sign of doing 200k.

at the end of the day, there is something to be said for a big, under stressed V-8 under the hood.
I've got over 150k on mine and it runs smooth, hoping for more than 200k since there aren't any motors around.