What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that sucks, was it slipping or not shifting or what?
had all the signs of a lead frame. had a shop pull the pan and there was metal in there along with a clip of some sort. put the pan back on and found a dealer who could look at it. all the dealers here are 8 weeks out to look at a trans. found a dealer about 30 min from me that could do it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_104039.jpg
    IMG_20210927_104039.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210927_104047.jpg
    IMG_20210927_104047.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might never want to do this again, after this, it's a lot of work, especially trying to clean the harness's, etc. There must be a few miles of wiring just in the engine compartment, lol.
Hey Corona, the engine bay is coming along nicely. I felt the same way when I cleaned mine. It's a lot of work that you will look back on and say "that wasn't so bad" and it looks much better.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Corona, the engine bay is coming along nicely. I felt the same way when I cleaned mine. It's a lot of work that you will look back on and say "that wasn't so bad" and it looks much better.
This truck has been the best vehicle I have owned, so I really don't mind doing it, now that I'm more than half way through it. It would be awesome to be able to have a lift and a big shop, then a guy could do a whole proper truck tear down and restoration.

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
This truck has been the best vehicle I have owned, so I really don't mind doing it, now that I'm more than half way through it. It would be awesome to be able to have a lift and a big shop, then a guy could do a whole proper truck tear down and restoration.
I'm actually looking at a metal awning, 3/4 enclosed to put a 2 pillar lift in outside of my garage, after install only about 5k.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the stock airbox assembly and removed the AFE....so much better!! The odd noises on acceleration are gone, or to be more accurate properly muffled as intended by the oem airbox resonator. Borla sounds great with the stock airbox and K&N filter.

Well the truck has been at the dealer for 3 days and the noise is still there.. im starting to think the resonator or cat might be toast, either way they're still trying to resolve it.

The salesman I've dealt with for years was nice enough to give my wife and I a sweet loaner for the morning... I think he just wants my Raptor haha.. I sure am tempted!
Resized_tempFileForShare_20211001-140323_1307015411255473.jpeg

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Well the truck has been at the dealer for 3 days and the noise is still there.. im starting to think the resonator or cat might be toast, either way they're still trying to resolve it.

The salesman I've dealt with for years was nice enough to give my wife and I a sweet loaner for the morning... I think he just wants my Raptor haha.. I sure am tempted!
View attachment 322206
Yeah…I think so…same thing happened to me when I went to the dealership to get my tires balanced(the only place around locally in FL, that would do them since I have true bead locks) anyway, the shop manager and the owner are big Ford collectors, they have several very unique and rare specimens in the showroom…and as I was paying, the customer relations person, or wherever she is titled, calls me over and told me that the manager is very interested in my truck and offered a cash deal to buy on the spot…Regretfully for him, I told him it’s not for sale.