What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With both headlights removed, I decided to polish them and then apply a coat of wax to them, just to get any road film that has embedded over the years, detailed them and set them aside comfortable for now. We all know the Gen 1 headlights are sh-it, so I highly recommend doing this to get the maximum out of them. Or it’s just overkill, lol.4B96B91C-5F86-4028-945E-A12144DFABB1.jpeg414F8258-FA77-4145-B8B8-7D21AC931430.jpeg2BD09BE0-3BB8-48ED-838F-4CFF55CA54B3.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Started detailing the drivers side, might not look like much yet, but I’ve spent a few hours on it, still can’t figure out how to get those valve covers looking like new, I tried vinegar and water mixture, some baking sofa, etc, they will come clean but not anything like a new finish. Hoping somebody has any ideas. Took the front tires off and will be taking the inner fenders off once I look up how to do that. 8E17F08E-EF52-42CC-8311-19EF8E1DA1C7.jpeg67B080AD-1146-4E34-A727-C288D5CA372C.jpeg

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Started detailing the drivers side, might not look like much yet, but I’ve spent a few hours on it, still can’t figure out how to get those valve covers looking like new, I tried vinegar and water mixture, some baking sofa, etc, they will come clean but not anything like a new finish. Hoping somebody has any ideas. Took the front tires off and will be taking the inner fenders off once I look up how to do that. View attachment 322259View attachment 322260
I won’t recommend this for just an engine bay cleanup, but since you are all in and goin deep…I would take the cam covers off and bead blast them with a walnut media. Then seal them with a matte or semigloss automotive high heat lacquer

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started detailing the drivers side, might not look like much yet, but I’ve spent a few hours on it, still can’t figure out how to get those valve covers looking like new, I tried vinegar and water mixture, some baking sofa, etc, they will come clean but not anything like a new finish. Hoping somebody has any ideas. Took the front tires off and will be taking the inner fenders off once I look up how to do that. View attachment 322259View attachment 322260
All the hours spent all to be destroyed after one trail ride. I spent 9-hrs polishing the paint last Sunday. It’s not 100% to my OCD levels and it made me realize this is the last black truck I’ll buy. Black looks great when it’s clean but a real PITA to maintain.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won’t recommend this for just an engine bay cleanup, but since you are all in and goin deep…I would take the cam covers off and bead blast them with a walnut media. Then seal them with a matte or semigloss automotive high heat lacquer

I wonder if dry-ice cleaning will do anything. I want to have the underside of my S2000 dry-iced since this car is currently being used as an ornament in my garage.

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Or just buy a new set and sell yours to someone that wants to replace their plastic ones and maybe even powder coat them a matte aluminum gray? Will look like new and a more durable finish, ehh?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really don
t want to take the covers off, If I did that, then I would want to put new rockers on, etc, lol. Maybe when I decide to put on a supercharger, I will.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the hours spent all to be destroyed after one trail ride. I spent 9-hrs polishing the paint last Sunday. It’s not 100% to my OCD levels and it made me realize this is the last black truck I’ll buy. Black looks great when it’s clean but a real PITA to maintain.
I will be spraying a protective cover over most of this after it's all done, a silicone base spray so the water and dirt beads off, hopefully, lol. Also waxing a lot of parts, so pressure washing the engine bay yearly should keep it somewhat clean. I will probably redo this every 5 years now instead of the 11 it's been now. I'm learning a lot about how it is put together as well, so it's not really a waste of my time :)