What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the U0422/P1639 fixed plus got my unexpected ABS issue fixed.

U0422/P1639 was fixed by rewriting my PCM and BCM info. Believe the cause was it sitting without a battery for so long.

ABS issue turned out to be a bent tooth on the tone ring in the L/F hub. Truck didn't like the signal anomaly. Bent it back into place until I can get a new hub installed.

Tomorrow the ol girl goes in for an alignment.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found the cause of my fuse 73 pop and the instrument cluster light up:
38738.jpeg
Evidently at some point in this trucks life someone decided: "Fords method of securing this main harness is inadequate, I think I will rip it out and daisy chain it to the AC line with zip ties." This decision caused that harness to rub on the exhaust manifold, eventually wearing through the heat wrap and melting the wires. What a nightmare. Fixed now though, properly secured, no more dangling.

Also finished the minor modifications to my "new" to me OE projectors and got them mocked up. Waiting on the Morimoto conversion harness to finish this out. 38710.jpeg

This isn't the sort of mod I would normally do, but my stock lights had condensation, I ran into the 13' housings for a descent price so I figured I would work on them instead of my stockers. Pretty happy with them, the mods came out subtle and it updated the front of the truck a bit. I couldn't handle putting angel eyes or LED strips in them, just not the thing for me when it comes to trucks.

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting to hear from a higher up at Firestone, guys screwed my alignment over right good and the manager there didn't seem to care. Asked for a specific tech by name that can do alignments via UCAs, wasn't given him and wasn't told I wouldn't be getting him. Nobody told the tech "that knows what he's doing" that my UCAs were adjustable or my tie rods had nuts under the boots that need loosened - despite me making it clear multiple times prior to my appointment, as well as to the guy that took my keys. Just set my toe and let the thing go. Truck pulls to the right, by the way.

They managed to ruin a boot, mangle the left rod and twist the left clevis on my rack. Manager didn't seem to care, was only told to bring him a receipt for a boot after telling him it wasn't my fault like he tried to make it out to be. He has 40 years of experience though, so apparently he knows everything.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting to hear from a higher up at Firestone, guys screwed my alignment over right good and the manager there didn't seem to care. Asked for a specific tech by name that can do alignments via UCAs, wasn't given him and wasn't told I wouldn't be getting him. Nobody told the tech "that knows what he's doing" that my UCAs were adjustable or my tie rods had nuts under the boots that need loosened - despite me making it clear multiple times prior to my appointment, as well as to the guy that took my keys. Just set my toe and let the thing go. Truck pulls to the right, by the way.

They managed to ruin a boot, mangle the left rod and twist the left clevis on my rack. Manager didn't seem to care, was only told to bring him a receipt for a boot after telling him it wasn't my fault like he tried to make it out to be. He has 40 years of experience though, so apparently he knows everything.
Retail places.... Suck at times.
Good help is hard to find.
Most places employ....numb nuts that barely can do an oil change.

The ole school mechanic that does diagnosis and repair are far and few.

We live in a world...of Plug N Play.
Plug in the computer port....pull a code swap out bad part lol

I hope it all works out for you. Such a downer to hear.

I always check on the Forum for recommendations. Although I get a tongue lashing for el stupido redundant questions....I still ask..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Man, that sucks, stuff like that ****** me off! Consumers have to be overly proactive these days.

D

Deleted member 12951

I had the Firestone lifetime alignment. I have never had a tech at any location know how to adjust alignment with an aftermarket UCA unless you explain it to them. And I have always been able to walk out to the shop to talk and show the tech how the tie rods work so crap like that doesn’t happen. If they wouldn’t allow me to go back there to show them, I ask for my truck back and they don’t touch it. I only had to do that once and when I threatened that, they let me go and talk.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Full rewire and added littlefuse upfitter

Upfitter A
1-40 OnX6
2-20 amber OnX6
3-laser s1 spots
4-exhaust cutout

Upfitter B
1-bumper flush s2 white wide
2-“GJ” s2 white spot and wide
3-“GJ” s2 amber flashing combo
4-rear locker

a56cadaecd550d4626e791e991e01a06.jpg072ae0f5cc0092bfb25103464f59cd49.jpgf719c0a9b34fa5d23c1a09af6dede400.jpg11cf0f4ae4a4c65f700df32ebf49090f.jpg5f3f4efb152afee5619f22204f567622.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full rewire and added littlefuse upfitter

Upfitter A
1-40 OnX6
2-20 amber OnX6
3-laser s1 spots
4-exhaust cutout

Upfitter B
1-bumper flush s2 white wide
2-“GJ” s2 white spot and wide
3-“GJ” s2 amber flashing combo
4-rear locker

a56cadaecd550d4626e791e991e01a06.jpg072ae0f5cc0092bfb25103464f59cd49.jpgf719c0a9b34fa5d23c1a09af6dede400.jpg11cf0f4ae4a4c65f700df32ebf49090f.jpg5f3f4efb152afee5619f22204f567622.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice Battery!!!!!!
Upfitter Mod is nice

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk