What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a similar experience is what brought me to this forum. tech told me he needed to cut one of my rpg tie rods to get the toe right. and my favorite " they do it all the time" haha i facetimed RPG and was like wtf? they were like no def not. those rods work on thousands of trucks. of coarse the manager was upset after i showed him they were wrong and just didnt know what they were doing. I asked them to lower the truck and get it off the lift so i could leave their chop shop and never return! hhah

now i recommend to everyone who has similar setups, always be overly clear with what needs to be done, show them the boots, the adjustments and how it needs to be done. id rather a techs intelligence be insulted vs my truck messed up.

This sounds like a good topic for a video, or at least detailed written instruction on this forum so guys can watch out...

I bought some mudders from Firestone, 5 including the spare. They told me that they didn't know how to install a tire sensor and program it to my truck. I asked who might know, and they pointed across the street at the Les Schwab store.....

Tires are coming soon, and this time, I'll be across the street from Firestone.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What over land rack are you running. I like that set up ?

Leitner Designs Active Cargo System
(GEN1). I've had it for 3 or so years and I did a review on it while I was stuck in Georgia last year... I like it a lot, I've gotten a ton of use out of it, and its fairly modular and doesn't necessarily need in house equipment to use it. I've mounted front runner outfitters surfboard mount on there with very little issue.

Here is with my new 270 degree awning

Fe2wVFj.jpg

And here is what it looks like naked. Vaii9qZ.jpg

Its modular so you can move stuff around and pick what works best for you. I like having the big gear pod for my tools and stuff and then the other side for gas and the small pod for fluids on the trail. I can always take one of the gas tanks off and add another small gear pod with whatever I need. But between going out on the trail and now the ski having just about 6 gallons on hand when needed.

I absolutely recommend them, but the newer GEN2 version of it is pretty trick.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen1 owners with Sunroof/Moonroof. What are you using for maintaining lubrication of the Sunroof Plastic Tracks?
Lithium grease?, dupont krytox?
dry silicone spray?

This is next on my ToDo list

Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

IDI-Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...The ole school mechanic that does diagnosis and repair are far and few...

I hope it all works out for you. Such a downer to hear.

You are right about that - I've had foremen tell me to just throw new parts on trucks vs actually diagnosing an issue. They were always thankful when I found the single wire and fixed it vs throwing a $1500 harness on, though.

Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated.

Man, that sucks, stuff like that ****** me off! Consumers have to be overly proactive these days.

I was surprised I didn't lay into them more, especially when he tried to blame it on me. Reinforced the "If you want it done right, do it yourself" mantra.

I had the Firestone lifetime alignment. I have never had a tech at any location know how to adjust alignment with an aftermarket UCA unless you explain it to them. And I have always been able to walk out to the shop to talk and show the tech how the tie rods work so crap like that doesn’t happen. If they wouldn’t allow me to go back there to show them, I ask for my truck back and they don’t touch it. I only had to do that once and when I threatened that, they let me go and talk.

The one I requested had done UCA adjustments on my coworker's car before, only reason I even considered Firestone. You are right though, when I go back tomorrow I plan on not letting them touch the truck without me back there. My first sign that I should've backed out was the revving I heard the young kid doing my alignment do in the truck. Unfortunately, I assumed all was well - definitely not making that mistake again!

This sort of thing is why I spent my yesterday learning how to operate my Longacre tools...

...I really hope you get this worked out!

I may have to look into those guys' equipment if they can't get it dialed in with me watching tomorrow. I also plan to have them aim for Pirate Air's spec (Caster: +4.0 to +4.3, Camber: -0.3 to -0.2, Total toe: +0.2 to +0.25). I too hope things turn out for the better, will keep you all updated.

...now i recommend to everyone who has similar setups, always be overly clear with what needs to be done, show them the boots, the adjustments and how it needs to be done. id rather a techs intelligence be insulted vs my truck messed up.

Sounds like you got a tech similar to what I dealt with! Will be going out to the truck with them when they try again with it. You'd think out of all the times I mentioned it, someone would think I wasn't just saying it to hear myself talk.

So, slight update. The other night I when I checked the jam nuts, the right side was loose. Got it tightened down like it is supposed to be. Fast forward to tonight. I changed the oil and decided to reclock the left hand clevis so that it was vertical like it is supposed to be. Found this lovely scene staring at me when I got it torn down: JHEqGhi.jpg

Yep. He managed to dent the ever loving crap out of that clevis - measured around 0.015-0.020 deviation dependent on where you measured with my DTI. While it doesn't sound like much, it displays how much force he exerted on my rods and rack to dent 4130 like that. I also have significantly more play in my rack than I did when I was installing my tie rods.

To top it off, when torquing the bolt that holds the tie rod to the clevis, the bolt (or nut) stripped so now it is McMasterCarr to the rescue.