What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the Raptor today gets to be my moving truck. Friggin Storage Unit I rented in July tried upping the rent $35 more a month. No way I am paying the raise so no more Air Conditioned space, so found another place $100 cheaper just no A/C

Oh and I HATE UPS. My mount for the HDS was supposed to be here yesterday, but on the UPS site says delayed with no date due to trailer arriving late. That update was on the 4th and nothing since. Wondering if the trailer wrecked/burnt to the ground.

And the 1000's of rounds of ammo I also have coming UPS also were delayed.. At least they show they have arrived at the depot. I just want to mount my Lowrance already..

we had ups (or oops, as i call them) problems too.

At least you don't have military ran USPS. I had one guy ship me a duratrac
from Graf (4 hour drive) last Saturday. Graf -> Frankfurt -> Ramstein. Still hasn't arrived. Post office is closed Sunday, so if it's not there Monday morning I now have to pay to ship a 65# tire to the states.

Sent two boxes of headers to Texas on 22 Nov. One box (all the connections and y pipe and accessories) was delivered on the 28th. The box with the long tubes hasn't even left the country and just says "accepted"

Equal size boxes shipped on the same day. Not like I have an appointment or anything time sensitive.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say stateside USPS has been a lot better than UPS as of late. APO/FPO USPS is as you say a cluster and then some.

I really wish more small items I order would ship USPS Priority mail over UPS. It pretty much the same price but a lot faster and more reliable these days. The worst has to be Amazon's lightning ship crap where they have third party carriers. When in Miami so many times they just chucked the box over my fence and left. Which is why I never received a few of them due to theft

Hennyhen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed AFE stage 2 intake. Got my sct 5 star tuner in the mail today but did not load a tune yet

2014 Rapture

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had previously mounted a pair of the stick-on 1.5 watt Eagle Eyes LEDs at the rear and wired them into the backup lights. Since I was really satisfied with the results, I decided to do something similar on the front.

I bought the bolt-on versions in the hope that the bolts would be compatible with the holes in the lower grill. It was a good guess. The bolts are perfect in diameter and length for use in the lower grill. I bought 4 stainless steel washers and four neoprene washers to put between the inside of the grill and the nut. Really easy and really effective mounting solution. I didn't even use locktite, as the neoprene provides enough compression to hold the LEDs in place. Finger tight was all it took.

You have to make your own wiring harness, of course, and that has to be done on the truck because the LEDs are on the outside of the grill and of course the wires are all on the inside of the grill. I chose to tap into the truck's existing wiring at the lower front right factory LED running light due to accessibility. I could have put them on a different circuit and installed a manual switch inside the cab, but I couldn't imagine wanting to turn on the LEDs and nothing else. I did it quickly and it's not the best wiring harness I'm capable of, but I'll do some remedial work on it when I get some time.

To find a source for Eagle Eyes LEDs, I just googled it. Made the mistake of ordering directly from China, so the things took over two weeks to get to me. And they sent me white ones instead of the yellow ones I ordered. Be careful where you order from!

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

It's pretty, but what the heck does it do?
Couple more questions. Can you give me a part number or be more specific on the eagle eyes that you bought? And any chance you could send me a couple daytime pics up close and such. Thank you in advance.

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hunted this weekend in SD for ringnecks
a857dbe296fed09dd5e92ecbcc841771.jpg
7749bc759b96bb52fc4940420ef76d45.jpg

970Co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the car wash, saw another Raptor and put it back to normal.

84318FD0-56AD-47F7-B131-9B3EA484C060.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FF082EBB-B0D5-423C-8526-A556BD046A8D.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Went on a ****** run at the base of Sopris mountain

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Bussy nice to see you out and about in your new truck!

Not really today, but wrote up the process for installing the knuckle gusset kit. This afternoon I removed the faulty control box from my winch and started planning out where the replacement will go better located out of the path of water.