What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More info on this please. I like...

I had previously mounted a pair of the stick-on 1.5 watt Eagle Eyes LEDs at the rear and wired them into the backup lights. Since I was really satisfied with the results, I decided to do something similar on the front.

I bought the bolt-on versions in the hope that the bolts would be compatible with the holes in the lower grill. It was a good guess. The bolts are perfect in diameter and length for use in the lower grill. I bought 4 stainless steel washers and four neoprene washers to put between the inside of the grill and the nut. Really easy and really effective mounting solution. I didn't even use locktite, as the neoprene provides enough compression to hold the LEDs in place. Finger tight was all it took.

You have to make your own wiring harness, of course, and that has to be done on the truck because the LEDs are on the outside of the grill and of course the wires are all on the inside of the grill. I chose to tap into the truck's existing wiring at the lower front right factory LED running light due to accessibility. I could have put them on a different circuit and installed a manual switch inside the cab, but I couldn't imagine wanting to turn on the LEDs and nothing else. I did it quickly and it's not the best wiring harness I'm capable of, but I'll do some remedial work on it when I get some time.

To find a source for Eagle Eyes LEDs, I just googled it. Made the mistake of ordering directly from China, so the things took over two weeks to get to me. And they sent me white ones instead of the yellow ones I ordered. Be careful where you order from!

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Just testing out some new "gear". Just a prototype for now....

IMG_20141205_225912005_zpsiz2ew60w.jpg

It's pretty, but what the heck does it do?

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you switch them side for side? Bracket will be the other way bit will be back if it fits.

Tried that. But it wouldn't fit either.

Thought of taking a dremmel to the light casing but it looks very sturdy.

The bumper looks sturdier.

I might just delete the outside lights and just run with the inside ones. Maybe try a different smaller light. But that might look goofier.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Thanks! I thought they are bolt on...

Lies, damned lies, statistics, and then there's Amazon part descriptions.

"These brackets use existing mounting points, so there's not cutting or drilling. "

Hahahahahahahahaha. ********.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
It's pretty, but what the heck does it do?

A much stronger IWE engagement gear. This is 1 of the 4 prototypes i have on hand. The other 3 are all different as well, to Test which material is going to hold up the best.

I consider this stage 1. I'm also working on the wheel bearing/hub assembly to match this....

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A much stronger IWE engagement gear. This is 1 of the 4 prototypes i have on hand. The other 3 are all different as well, to Test which material is going to hold up the best.

I consider this stage 1. I'm also working on the wheel bearing/hub assembly to match this....

you mean It's not plastic

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It mounts with 4 screws to the frame. You have to drill 4 holes. And the 3/16" holes for the self tapping screws are too small. They should be more like 1/4". The screws are 5/16".

There is s section of frame visible right behind and above the bumper openings.
I know guys have mounted them with the self tappers but I didn't trust those to hold. Just drill at the same locations but go all the way up through the hollow part and through the upper frame. Then secure the brackets with proper length stainless bolts, nuts and lock washers. There's plenty of room to get your hands up top.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the Raptor today gets to be my moving truck. Friggin Storage Unit I rented in July tried upping the rent $35 more a month. No way I am paying the raise so no more Air Conditioned space, so found another place $100 cheaper just no A/C

Oh and I HATE UPS. My mount for the HDS was supposed to be here yesterday, but on the UPS site says delayed with no date due to trailer arriving late. That update was on the 4th and nothing since. Wondering if the trailer wrecked/burnt to the ground.

And the 1000's of rounds of ammo I also have coming UPS also were delayed.. At least they show they have arrived at the depot. I just want to mount my Lowrance already..