What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I havent had a chance to measure on a flat surface the 45 was while parked with the brake on, driveway is sloped and too wide to fit in the garage. So it was 43 and a little parked in the same spot before. Pretty sure with option 1 it should only be a 3/4in increase over stock height. I'll remeasure on a flat now that I got about 300 miles on it and a good chunk of that on unmaintained roads to test it.
I do still have stock shackles, been looking at upgrading those.
I'll say that when icon leafs go in the lift is basically double advertised until it settles. Option 3 gave me about 4 inches of lift when they advertise 2.25. Not unreasonable that you'd get 1.5 to 2 inches on option 1 before it settles.

For measurements like that yeah you're right flat land is better but as long as you're doing all your measurements in the same spot it can act a bit like a control.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Did a drain and fill on the coolant today. saw this post so I bought 6 gallons of 50/50 OEM fluid. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/fluid-capacities.32145/

Drained the radiator and popped the lower radiator line off to try to drain as much of the block as I could. I got around 1.75 gallons of coolant out including sucking out the reservoir.

Guess I have 4 gallons of leftover lol.

Oh well, Fresh Ford Yellow fluid now instead of the overdue old Orange stuff.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a drain and fill on the coolant today. saw this post so I bought 6 gallons of 50/50 OEM fluid. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/fluid-capacities.32145/

Drained the radiator and popped the lower radiator line off to try to drain as much of the block as I could. I got around 1.75 gallons of coolant out including sucking out the reservoir.

Guess I have 4 gallons of leftover lol.

Oh well, Fresh Ford Yellow fluid now instead of the overdue old Orange stuff.
I should probably do that at some point. I was always putting it off because i wanted to combine it with putting a new radiator in... just never did that.

Also got a heads up my lower ball joints are shot so new ball joints it is!

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
I should probably do that at some point. I was always putting it off because i wanted to combine it with putting a new radiator in... just never did that.

Id do it sooner rather than later if its been over 5 years since it was last done. Antifreeze is highly corrosive if left in too long.
it takes an hour of your time (although I always budget a bit more the first time I do something) and probably 20-30 bucks in fluid

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id do it sooner rather than later if its been over 5 years since it was last done. Antifreeze is highly corrosive if left in too long.
it takes an hour of your time (although I always budget a bit more the first time I do something) and probably 20-30 bucks in fluid
I'll do it alongside the next oil change.

Squad21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would also check the endlinks on the sway bar. When I replaced my uppers and lowers, also noticed the endlinks were shot and made a significant difference in the way the suspension operates giving a feeling of "confidence" on the highway.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also check the endlinks on the sway bar. When I replaced my uppers and lowers, also noticed the endlinks were shot and made a significant difference in the way the suspension operates giving a feeling of "confidence" on the highway.
Good call. Thank you.