What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you all doing for transmission maintenance?
I know many manufacturers say that the fluid is "lifetime" but I have always come from the school of thought that Id rather change it early and often (50k or so) than have it break down over time and cause me issues.

Surprised that I havent seen anyone mentioning doing it on this thread.

edit. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-u-do-to-your-raptor-today.25089/post-1827537
This guy did. Awesome!
I just had a pan drop and a filter replaced at 143k (I thought I posted about it?!)… the world didn’t end and it still runs and drives fine. I felt like if that broke it, I already had issues.

I also had to finally realize, that my OCD with fluid changes is probably not warranted, due to the fact that 95% of the vehicles I see driving around every day have never had any fluid maintenance done outside of oil changes... I will still change my fluids, I am just not going to worry about a failure with it.

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Started with the rear driveshaft. Drained & unplugged the transfer case. Spent way too much time on the heat shields, O2 sensor plugs, and pulling the D-side cat due to all the crusty dirt that I should have cleaned off. The P-side O2 sensor wire was cleverly concealed by the factory production line choice to stuff that wire and the aluminum wrapped wire bundle between the trans housing & the cab floor, pinching them both.. next is the rear exhaust section, P-side cat, transfer case, and trans crossmember. Then the linkage, front cover plate, and the torque converter bolts. The $45 Harbor Freight adjustable creeper has paid for itself; I should have bought one years ago.
I

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_142007.jpg
    IMG_20230313_142007.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230309_124449.jpg
    20230309_124449.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 11

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
I just had a pan drop and a filter replaced at 143k (I thought I posted about it?!)… the world didn’t end and it still runs and drives fine. I felt like if that broke it, I already had issues.

I also had to finally realize, that my OCD with fluid changes is probably not warranted, due to the fact that 95% of the vehicles I see driving around every day have never had any fluid maintenance done outside of oil changes... I will still change my fluids, I am just not going to worry about a failure with it.
I think maybe you misunderstood me. But that’s ok.
I’m glad it diddnt cause issues doing the service.